Opinions on wheels and proposed spray works to trim pls

GT130

Reaction score
Latest shot of my car with a recent colour change to the rs4's....opinions please people..

Next is to have the grey side trim, rear bumper insert and front lower grey surround sprayed black - front and sides will look excellent and match everything just not sure what the black rear bumper insert will look like against the silver bumper - any thoughts?

Cheers
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg

I'd do the grill surround and rings black aswell, oh and add a lcr splitter, best sub £20 mod i've ever done. :thumbsup:

I'd do the grill surround and rings black aswell, oh and add a lcr splitter, best sub £20 mod i've ever done. :thumbsup:

Yup, if you are going for the black trim look, the black grill surround and rings is what I would do and black wing mirrors also along with all the grey trim around the car.

Silver cars with dark wheels rule, good move :)

i was getting ready to re do my wheels
now youve tempted me to get them redone in a darker colour!
also if you do the grill and the rings please post pics as i think you would be the first to do it on a silver car and would be nice to see

i had all my trims sprayed a light grey colour and there a massive improvement over the standard plastic dull grey, i think black would look good on silver but i no what you mean about the rear insert, why not do them in anthracite instead

i was getting ready to re do my wheels
now youve tempted me to get them redone in a darker colour!
also if you do the grill and the rings please post pics as i think you would be the first to do it on a silver car and would be nice to see

Have a look at post #20, some pics of my grill & badge, i'll post some pics later as i now have a lcr splitter and aero wipers and the rings look a lot better in black with the other mods.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=66806&highlight=remove+grill

Surround at the bottom of front bumper is grey with black grille inserts - could never work out why audi did that as it does not match the front top grille....

Anthracite could work on the trims, match in with the wheels etc and blend better on the rear bumper...not sure the black would look right against silver rear bumper..

Not actually keen on the LCR splitter - may get shot down for saying that but each to his own i guess.

Wibble - thanks for link, silver top grille surround looks better in black - maybe leave the rings silver though, everytime i look at the front (eg your shot) i think why does the bottom surround not match the black finish of the grille's !!!

Also want to get some spacers on rear wheels..

cheers guys

I'm right into darker wheels at the mo as well - that's what I'm lining up for in the next week or two - so yes, I'm liking the look of yours. I agree with some of the others as well, in that the grill rings done also will look good.

The wheels look spot on mate, been toying with the idea of redoing mine anthracite. I think respraying all the grey plastic trim black will look good even on the back bumper. I think if i redid the grill surround i'd leave the rings chrome. look forward to seeing some pics when its finished mate.

Love the wheels, wonder if they'd look good on my black s3!!!

love black wheels on silver cars!:) they look great mate.having the trims sprayed black would look spot on i reckon!even with the rear bumper insert sprayed black,i think it'd set it off!if that was my car i'd also think about doing the mirrors black and the chrome audi rings + surround on the front grill.:w00t:would look tasty! haha,how bout spraying the audi rings on the boot black also?

i had all my trims sprayed a light grey colour and there a massive improvement over the standard plastic dull grey, i think black would look good on silver but i no what you mean about the rear insert, why not do them in anthracite instead

Was there a specific grey you used or did you just pick any light grey? Did you have them laquered because they look quite shiney in your euro s3 thread (http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=72259)?

i just went through the paint chart at the bodyshop, the finish i chose was a laqured finish its really close to the original colour just a shade lighter but with the laqured effect not dull plastic effect

Cheers Guys

Chatting to my mate (painter by trade) and decided on dark grey for the trim - rear, side and front. He's also doing a cpl of other bits - lock surround on rear hatch etc etc

Decided I need to do this to get interest back in the car, had it for year and half and it's either sell and spend 4-5k more on another car or spend a little on this car (that i know is spot on) and keep it for another year or two.

Other work i want to get done :

wheel spacers
remap
Suspension (i really dont know if i can justify the £1200 odd it will cost with b5's etc)

Enjoying the car a lot at the moment and have been thinking of 330d, boxster, honda s2000 but i'd have to spend 3-5k more and then 1k as whatever i buy i will want to get spot on so what is the point when the s3 gives sooo much for bascially so little!!

Fleet manager getting an RS Focus in tmrw so looking forward to going out in it then getting a cpl of shots of it next to the S3 - nose to nose will be a good shot and no doubt s3 will look a little weedy !!!