Bosch Aero Wipers

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Evening all, just fitted some retrofit bosch aero wipers and the passenger blade doesnt sit on the window at rest position or till about 6" up the screen, i know others have had the same issue, is there any way to get the wiper to sit flush to the screen, like maybe try and bend the end of the blade a bit but obviously without damaging it.

Cheers, Dave.

Heard some one say they bent it before, I tried with mine, but didn't have the guts to go all the way, but as I shall be getting a new set soon, may see how much flex the old pair have.

To be honest it doesn't really bother me that much, although it would be nice if the sat flush.

Mine just went on and I have that problem too. Doesn't effect performance though, just looks a little odd when they're down.

You got the AR553s ones? I have the exact same issue - will be replaceing it with the 21" and 18" pairing to fit the screen

Mine were fine - until I had a new windscreen fitted a few months ago. Yes it looks a little odd, but performance is not affected - if it's nice I may look into it this weekend.

You got the AR553s ones? I have the exact same issue - will be replaceing it with the 21" and 18" pairing to fit the screen

Yes mate they are the AR553s ones. Let me know how the 18" fares as i may try one of those aswell.

On another note does anyone know of an aero wiper for the rear without going down the polo arm/touran blade route?

I agree that the reason for the overhang is due to the passenger side wiper being too long. Bending it will only make things worse as the extra bend in the wiper will lift the other parts of the blade when the blade is moving over the glass.

The aerotwin blades you needed were probably A533S as listed here: http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/bo...ck-21-19-530-475mm-19-c-839-p-1-pr-16877.html

These fit much better and work perfectly.

I agree that the reason for the overhang is due to the passenger side wiper being too long. Bending it will only make things worse as the extra bend in the wiper will lift the other parts of the blade when the blade is moving over the glass.

The aerotwin blades you needed were probably A533S as listed here: http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/bo...ck-21-19-530-475mm-19-c-839-p-1-pr-16877.html

These fit much better and work perfectly.

They are the ones i have fitted but still doesnt sit quite right at rest, im tempted to remove the wiper arm and move it slightly on the splines to see if i can get it to sit a bit better.

the best ones are wiperblades.co.uk own brand. Had them on all my cars and they are amazing!