audi S3 central locking

munchman s3

Gas it
Reaction score
went for an interview the other day car was fine, came out and the car wouldnt open via the fob and when i used the key in the door, only the drivers door opened the passenger door an boot were still locked.
the alarm can still be set and disarmed with the fob just all the doors stay locked.
i've checked the fuses, and i think the central locking runs on a pump any1 had the same problem or know what i can do to fix this:unsure:

mine is the same, I think, but am not 100% sure that it is a result of the alarm box batteries failing, I say this because I got the dreaded 3 beeps on cold morning start ups, and after a few weeks of the beeps the central locking stopped working, I can only open the doors via the key in the door, however i can still arm the alarm via the fob. I think its around £80 to replace the Alarm box, or you can take the alarm box apart and replace the batteries in side. I need to get mine checked out!

If the fob still activates/deactivates the alarm then it could be the central locking pump, which you will find in front of the sub in the left hand side of the boot. If the pump has failed, they are fairly easy to buy second hand (£30/40), and easy to fit too - two airlines run into the pump, disconnect them and reconnect them to the replacement pump.

rrr great news, al check some car breakers out this week for a second hand one!