Looking for a new A3, HELP!

Brad89

Reaction score
Hi all.

Yes ive come from the dark side, im currently driving an 8p 2.0 Fsi, But due to financial issues :banghead: Im having to look for something a bit kinder to my bank account!

Im very intrested in the 1.9Tdi 130p. I wonder if anyone whos got one, or has driven one can advise me on the pros & cons.
Im looking for a good mixture between power & economy, Plus looking to get it re-mapped. Does this produce good results? And anywhere in the south west recomended?

How does it feel to drive? Does it give you that 'put you in the back of your seat' torquey feel?

Mpg?

Rust?

Reliability?

Average price to pay for one with all the extras? (Not quattro, too expensive on insurance :crying:)

Sorry for the 21 questions people!

I couldnt even begin to think about having anything other than an audi!

Thanks

Brad

I know this is an audi forum but If I was in your position I would be looking at the golf gttdi (I think thats what its called) My mate has one gets 40+ mpg and it goes like s**t off a shovel! (they look better too.........)

Just an idea anyway!

Not a massive Golf fan im afraid!
Im converted to Audi :kissmyrings:!
Im defintely after the 3 dr sport with leather, climate contol & hopefully bose for between 5-6.5k
With a remap would I be looking at similar performance to my 2.0?

with a remap, if im correct will take it up to 170bhp, desiel respond well to remaps! a quattro or 2wd was same on my insurance:S.

you 2. fsi around 150bhp isnt it?

Hmmmm that celtic tuning looks very VERY tempting!
Yeah its 150p
Churchill said they wnt insure me on a quattro until im 21! Even though my car at the mo has more power:wtf:!

Can anyone advise me on what to look out for on a 01-03 1.9Tdi, probably 60k+ ? I know the diesels respond well to a remap but what will the 130p be like standard? I dont suppose it will compare to my 150p 2.0?

Oh and does the 6cd symphony stereo come with the sub fitted in the boot? And is the sound quality as good as the symphony in the 8p?