F****ng Stuck - Clutch Pedal Snapped.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Cant believe it, on my way to work this morning, was at a roundabout just pulling out when snap, crackle and pop.
The clutch pedal went straight to the floor and that was it.
Guessing this is what afew peoples encountered, the clutch pedal snapping.
Great yet another expense.

I feel sorry for you mate...Audi should really pay for this stupid fault. It's a lottery whether it happens or not...Same with the VW Lupo...Clutch boxes from hell...

Can you fix it yourself?

If its just the pedal thats gone with that welded square plate that snaps then you can fix yourself, patients needed to get the poxy spring on place but can be done, mine snapped 3-400 miles away from home, ******* rain & nowhere near dealer, luckily one of our offices at the time was round corner & they went & got me spare pedal, so fitted in rain & arms were bruised/cut to pieces as doing on side of road with sod all proper tools, but did it though, yeah baby bring it on.

so far have been through two slave cylinders, but he peddle is holding up. Go figure !!

It is crap though, but at least most VW dealers also have this in stock as it happends to Golf and the like too

Happened to me.... but you can still drive it if you know what your doing, you need to start the car in first gear with a little gas and the syncho's will let you change gear without using the clutch.... to gear down you need to blip the engine on the throttle a bit and you need to time the traffic lights... worked for me to at least get the car home before i fixed it....

Thanks for the replys guys.
The AA guy did a temporay fix as they now carry a manual on this as its so common.
The car was booked in for monday but i ended up getting that fed with driving with my knee it my chest i did it myself and fixed it, was aright cow of a job, fixed my gear crunch though haha, had some sparco pedals fitted and they were fouling the floor and stopping the clutch fully depressing.
All in all agood day ish haha.

Last edited:
this literaly happened to my s3 yesterday but luckily i also have an a3 which i could temporarily steal the clutch pedal off, and it helped that it happened right outside my house!

Sorry to hear that Dani
so far have been through two slave cylinders, but he peddle is holding up. Go figure !!

It is crap though, but at least most VW dealers also have this in stock as it happends to Golf and the like too

Mine went earlier this year - got my local indy to do it which wasn't to painful

How do Audi get away with not paying for this or replacing the part on a recall? I'm surprised it hasn't ended up causing a serious accident, especially for people less familiar with cars who might get alarmed\disorientated when suddenly "bang" the clutch pedal disappears at high speed.

How audi/volkswagen etc get away with alot of things is beyond me, i think it's absoultly disgusting but they do.