Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: New Wheels!!

2nd Gear

Status

New Wheels!!

Hi everyone,

following the recent fiasco in trying to fit my new Brembo kit:

Brembo Jr - What wheels?

I've decided to bite the bullet and bring forward the purchase of some new wheels.

Over the weekend I've been scouring the web for info and ideas and I've been basically cross-referencing A3 and LCR fitting guides to try and weed out what will and wont fit. I've evaluated all the main suspects (with the exception of OZ at the mo) and I now have a shortlist.

I'll post pictures up a bit later today so you can comment on the asthetics, but I'd initially love to hear your feedback and opinions on the general quality of the various makes and models:

BBS CK
    BBS CH
    Borbet LV5
    Borbet XA
    Dezent Motion
    Dotz Roadster
    Finichi Taranto
    Inovit(e) DTM
    KEI Flux
    Ronal R47
    Team Dynamics Pro Race 2

Thanks.
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    BBS would get my vote.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Stop wasting your time searching and thinking about what alloys to get, just get these FFS!

18" BBS CH in Black with Red lip and tyres (used)

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Stop wasting your time searching and thinking about what alloys to get, just get these FFS!

If those arent replicas then they're a steal.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    BBS LM's or CH's look awesome!

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks jojo, but the link doesn't work for me they must of been a steal!!

I'm going to post some pics HERE in just a mo, just realised that this site works a bit different - so a quick read of the tutorial and I'll be back....

[edit] Looks like I can't post attachments?! - do I need a minimum post count or something.......... looks like a bit of post whoring is about to go on!!!
    Last edited by IIIadidasboy; 30th June 2009 at 17:46.
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Double post I know but......
    I may not post attachments and I can't seem to be able to upload any pics to "photobucket" albums - admittedly I've never used PB before and I'm using a work PC so that may be it.
    Can someone give me some pointers?

va va voom

Status

I looked at these earlier, do you think they would suit a ming blue car ?
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIadidasboy View Post
    Double post I know but......
    I may not post attachments and I can't seem to be able to upload any pics to "photobucket" albums - admittedly I've never used PB before and I'm using a work PC so that may be it.
    Can someone give me some pointers?
    Try uploading to the gallery on here

2nd Gear

Status
    I think the wheels are lovely - was asking the them (B3LSY) via seatcupra.net for details, but I haven't been back to check!! - oh well. They're ET38, and I was thinking ET30 for mine.
    If you want them then you might need to be quick - noticed they'd got a few PMs

TBH - ming blue: don't know, noggy: yes - why not try photoshop to be certain.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar View Post
    I looked at these earlier, do you think they would suit a ming blue car ?
    NO!

They will look fine Rick, I would snap them up now than wait thinking about it, and of course they would look better on a Black or Silver car.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2nd Gear

Status
    ..........I would snap them up now than wait thinking about it, and of course they would look better on a Black or Silver car.
    They're a good price - and obviously would look better on a silver or black car!!

What BBS are you running now then Rick?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Try uploading to the gallery on here
    Thanks Tom.

Hopefully this will work......

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/members/iiiadidasboy/albums/wheel-choices-18-inch/

Love to hear feedback!!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Here we go....

My vote would be 12....but replicas so I could spend the saved cash on other goodies.

How about BBS LM Replicas,...

http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=1308

Tom

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the feedback Tom.

Like I said in the OP, I've been cross-referencing A3 and LCR fitting guides to try and weed out what will and wont fit - BBS LMs do not fit an LCR (at least without spacers) and therefore would not fit over the Brembo Jr kit.

As you know, I was originally looking for OEM - which is an issue in itself - and I'm now compromising (slightly) by using aftermarket, albeit good quality alloys (hopefully!! ).

For me, the strength and weight will play a major part in this decision - and I don't think that BBS reps are going to be anywhere as strong or as light as original BBS - if I then start throwing spacers into the mix, then all I'm doing is adding to the weight.

I was surprised at your 1st choice!! - you're not biased!!!

p.s: thanks for adding the pics for me