Creaky/Squeaky Front left suspension

rui7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some advice if anyones had similar problems.

I recently bought a used 03 Audi A3. Got the AA to check it out and everything was cool apart from it needed a cambelt replaced and an outer cv boot joint replaced.

So I sent it to an Audi service center last week and they did the work in one day. Got it back and it seemed everything was ok but over the weekend I had the windows down and radio off and I noticed some squeaky/chirping noises coming from the left hand side. Thought it was birds but then noticed it was happening when i hit some bumps on the road. When I parked the car I pushed down on the left front wing and I could hear a creaky noise but no squeaky/chirpy noise. Im not sure of these noises were present b4 I bought the car but if they were the AA check would have caught them so Im thinking that the repair work done has either not been done properly or has caused these new noises to start.

Anyone had any similar problems relating this?

Im going to ring the garage tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rui7

ARB Bushes, they are a very common problem, its probably the sleeve in the bush that has split which is causing the prob.

If you do a search there is quite a bit of info available on this, including, fixing and modifiying to an uprated ARB and Bushes.

Hi,

Turned out it was a loose bracket holding the exhaust!!

Rui