New Audi finally here!!

speedfreek

Reaction score
Soooo chuffed it is finally in my posetion!!

...to sum up for those that didn't read my HG failure thread...

1. Saw a car I wanted to buy at a garage ('99 A3 1.6 sport)

2. Spoke to garage, they said it had a noisy thrust bearing which I asked them to sort out for me for a very small fee, when opening everything up, they decided to change the clutch as it was shot - at no cost to me.

3. Noise turned out to be a dry bearing in the gearbox - so they replaced the whole unit with a reconditioned one - at no cost to me.

4. on way home - HG failed. Trailered the car to the garage and they did all of the usual HG repair bits like skim the head etc - at no cost to me.

5 - When all back together the car was still smoking like a trooper - so they stripped the block and changed the piston rings and valve stem seals - and the thermostat just to be on the safe side - at no cost to me.

6 - Get the car back yesterday and its lovely! They even replaced the broken dipstick holder with a new part and also the EGR pipework as one of the pipes had split - at no cost to me.

So I am now the proud owner of my 1st Audi (at last!) and I already love it. There are only a couple of niggles with it that need sorting (new A3 mats all round, gearknob, drivers sunvisor). The MAF / EGR valve / throttlebody need cleaning as it is showing the classic symptoms of a dirty one of the above.

Well worth the wait and cant wait to get enjoying it properly!

Moston cars in Chester - can't recommend them enough!

wheres this mechanic, does he do everything for free!

glad you got it back though!

Glad to hear its all sorting itself out....and you got it from a decent garage too :)

WOW !! Thats a lot of work for them to do for free, they can't have made any money on that deal at all. Nice one

Good stuuf, and Welcome to the fold at last! :)

Now get your name down on the audisinthepark list(look in the meets and shows section).