Got my S3 chipped today...for FREE!!!!!!!!!

georgeben

Reaction score
I bought some Meguiars Trim Detailer a few weeks ago and it works pretty well with one exception. Some old dried-in white polish is not removed after several applications. Is there anything I can use to clean the plastic before applying the Trim Detailer ?

Yes it's true....but it only lasts for 6 hours total driving time!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

However the difference is amazing!!!!!! You can really hear the turbo spinning harder, i love it!!! I am definitley going to get it done permenantly. The bloke estimated that is was pushing 265 bhp.

I took it to awesome Gti in warrington, and i have to say they are quite a helpful bunch!!! It only took 10 mins and then i was away!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif4 hrs an 50 mins left!!!!! wahoo!!!!

Excellent!

Yes Awesome have been around for years and are very helpful!

Go play!

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
is that like a virus? how can they write ecu software that reverts back after 6 hours!!! technology these days?!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point!! I haven't got the foggiest idea how it works....they connected my car to APR's web site and loaded it on. But hey...virus or no virus...it works a treat!!!! lol
(and also completly untraceable!!!!!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Take it its similar to the REVO chip who do a trial period for about 4-6 hours as well then it reverts back to factory settings.

Don't know how they manage it but well worth it for a try before you buy.

dont quote me completly but a friend told me you have to be carefull of these sort of things. as when they revert back they actully drop the perfromance of the original settins, trying to Emphasise they power so you defo go back and upgrade.

But im just saying what ive heard...dont shoot the messenger! lol

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The "reverting to normal" debate wasn't about APR. Rather than start it all again, I won't mention which particular tuner it was about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

yeah i didnt want to quote either but i know who it was...

Iv'e got the APR programmes on my car and love it! I know what you mean about really hearing the turbo spin up..

Iv'e had my car in for servicing and warranty work and Audi has never raised a eyebrow about it being chipped. I bet they would if the engine blew or something like that though!! However if something happens like that you can always revert it back to standard via the cruise control...

Iv'e got the APR chip, hyperboost DV and a full Milltek exhaust and i'm pushing out roundabout 265bhp on the Optimax programme

Yes I agree but unless Audi specifically look at the chip (which they would rarely do) they will never know. They sold me my car, and about 6 months later i was having boost problems and the technicians still did not discover it was chipped after looking into the car very thoroughly!!

I think the Audi technicians in my area definitely won't notice anything. Girlfriends 95 A4 had the coolant warning light on one day on the way to the Audi dealer for some work, so we asked them to check that too whilst they had the bonnet open. They failed to spot that the coolant tank was near empty and told me that I needed a new coolant temp sensor quoting me £100 to fit... I did it myself in 5 mins costing £25 (old black sensor) and then found that the tank was empty myself, I didn't check b4 cos' I trusted that they would have spotted that if it was this simple! They only just "checked" it last week and I could have saved that 25 even... bunch of muppets really! They're either incompetent or dishonest, either way they deserve some serious bashing.

You want to get some of the correct G whatever it is(3 or 4 I think) antifreeze/corrosion inhibitor,or else your engine will not be protected and you will reduce the boiling point of the mixture so will lose more fluid. I recommend a 50% concentration for top up's