Brembo Jr - What wheels?

IIIadidasboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I suppose firstly I should point out that this isn't in fact my virgin post - just the first with this account - company changes and losing the "modding bug" etc means this is now my 3rd!! (for history, previous accounts were something like "A3 Total Quality" and then "Stuey B" or "Stupot" or something - and I don't recall the passwords) but I've now been bitten by the bug again and I'm also using a personal PC and e:mail account so all should be good! :blahblah1:

Back to business.....

My Tax and MOT are due next month - it won't pass the MOT due to front pads!! But rather then just renew the pads, I thought "sod it, I've got the bug again - lets start over" and went out and purchased a Brembo Jr GT kit - 1A5.6007A. I normally research these things like a complete "jobs-worth" but on this occasion I didn't :slapped:

My cars is an 03 A3 TQS running OEM 17" 9-spokes and is not YET lowered (although YET being the word) and (those "in the know" reading this already know what's coming) they won't fit!!! The diameter is ok, it's the inner curve of the spoke which is fouling. I tried to tempoarilly use 10mm spacers but then the wheel sits too close to the outer arch :sob:

My question therefore is (at last I hear you say) what wheels will work?

Ideally I'd like to use 18" OEM Audi wheels without spacers, although I suppose any 18" OEM wheel from the VAG group would be ok.

Can anyone help, some info on offsets would also be appreciated!!

Sorry for such a long post :sorry:

Think the only thing for it is to sell the brembos lmao.

i had same problem on my old golf. used 15mm spacers. S3 alloys work with no spacer tho if you want to change wheels in future

They will fit behind 17" S3 wheels mate, not sure on what other OE wheels though mate, they fit under 18" BBS CH wheels too if that helps.

Thanks for your support Dani LOL!!!

Mat, Steve, thanks for the replies - when you say S3 alloys, are they the 6-spoke ?what people refer to as Avus? wheels.

Your welcome.

Yes the s3 alloys are the 6 spoke avus ones.

Thanks Dani.

Was hoping someone was going to say "no, they're the 5-spokes" - which I've always liked.

The 6-spoke (IMO) look a bit boring, although they may look ok / better in 18s, oh well, needs must I spose - better than selling the kit for a loss!!!

Would anyone know the ET - I'm assuming it would be 30-35?

s3 wheels on my a3 with brembos
022.jpg

012.jpg

i think they maybe et35.

Thanks mat.

What size are you using 17/18? - and without spacers?

theres a set of s3 alloys in gloucester. £300 i think, need new tyres tho

i know, i paid £200 for mine with decent tyres, plus unmarked wheels.

Was hoping someone was going to say "no, they're the 5-spokes" - which I've always liked.

By five spokes do you mean the comps that came fitted to some TT's? If so i would ask your fitment question over on www.tt-forum.co.uk as im sure someone will have fitted a brembo kit to a TT with comps and be able to tell you if its a straight fit without spacers mate.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the 5-Spoke TT comps should fit over the Brembo's with no spacers needed, as I was looking for some for my S3 at one point. Basically any alloys with the spokes literally on the face of the alloy will clear the calipers, so exclude most dished alloys.

Thanks mat, these ones in Gloucester, do you know what size they are?

Good advice Steve, had thought about asking the LCR guys, but it never dawned on me to ask the TT boys - cheers mate. I might pop over there in a bit and ask around.

Thanks for the encouragement jojo, but I'd rather hear THEY DO fit rather than SHOULD fit lol!! That's what I was thinking about the shape as well as, from memory, the 5-spokes flare outwards from the centre and are pretty flat on the inside.

Sorry for the double post, it seems that the 5-spokes I like are actually the RS6 ones. I like the comps but think they would suit a darker colour car like a ming or noggy blue - mines silve.

Thanks mat.

Aaaaaaargh!! Looks like OEM will be off the menu if I want 18s then :slapped:

Thanks jojo - think I've resigned myself to aftermarket now.:banghead:

Steve, I was just over at the TT forums doing a search on Brembo and saw your question on the GT kit part # Don't know if you found out from elsewhere, but just in case: 1A5.6007A

Another double post, sorry....

Been asking the same qustions over at SEAT cupra.net, just thought I'd share for anyone else - bill does a list (albeit for Ibizas') of compatible wheels - it's a "longish" thread but there's also informaion in there for the larger Brembo kits.

It's in the 'support' section - should of made a link thinking about it, but didn't know if that was against forum rules?

I'll add one later if anyone can advise if it is ok?