Lowering A3QTS

I

imported_mustwin1

This post is really directed at Rich, but maybe somebody else can help?

Rich you said it would be possible to lower my motor by 50mm with 18" RS4 wheels, I had a good look last night and any kind of excessive suspension movement will cause the tyre to catch the arch at the front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The rear is fine. The tyres are 225 x 45 x 18, are yours the same?, is it possible that I have different offsets to yourself?

Any help apprecieated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mar

What so as not to through the speedo out of sync?

[ QUOTE ]
Murdoch said:
What so as not to through the speedo out of sync?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. 225/45/18's are too high profile.Need 225/40ZR18.

[ QUOTE ]
Murdoch said:
This post is really directed at Rich, but maybe somebody else can help?

Rich you said it would be possible to lower my motor by 50mm with 18" RS4 wheels, I had a good look last night and any kind of excessive suspension movement will cause the tyre to catch the arch at the front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The rear is fine. The tyres are 225 x 45 x 18, are yours the same?, is it possible that I have different offsets to yourself?

Any help apprecieated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mar

[/ QUOTE ]
What offset are your wheels mate? Mine are 8.5" wide wheels with an offset of ET35. My old S3 wheels are ET32 and were flush with the arch so may not have worked. remember that they get 'pulled' in a bit when cornering.

Take a pic of the whels and bodywork and post them. I mean a really narrow angle side view to show face of wheel in relation to side of car.

Rich

Cool ok, will try and take picture tonight, once I've worked out what to do about the tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif