down pipe and stage 2 re-mapp

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
has anybody gone from stage 1 mapp to a high flow downpipe and stage 2 mapp??
if so how were the gains and the power delivery from the stage 1??
im just considering what to do really i want a hybrid turbo maybe but was thinking of doing the downpipe and stage2 1st to see how it feels and save my extra 1k if its ok im not bothered about fitting costs as ill be doing that so fitting the hybrid after isnt a problem for me,
do people with hybrid turbo's think its really worth doing or would i be better of saving the cash???

I dont think you will see anything noticeable with stage2. Different power delivery, bout it.

Its only £50 to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 if your revo...

imlooking at doing downpipe and stage2 so would expect some gains

Well remember with stage 1 its allready pushing the k04 to its limits so you cant really expect much more.

A downpipe and a more advanced map with a hybrid is a different matter...

yeah thats kind of what im woundering i just thought id ask if anyone has had a downpipe and stage2 done since having stage1 to see if they got any noticable gains not just power wise but drivability etc if not i will probably just stick a hybrid on at the same time

you should see gain, albeit small a one with a downpipe on a chipped car.
any reduction in back pressure will free up spool and top end...even on a squeezed ko4

yeah ideally id like to reduce spool up time, think im going to try the downpipe 1st and see how it is after that then decide on the hybrid there after

Fitted that pipe yet? I would be interested to know your results with it!.....

no mate hopeing to do it this week some time

Excellent. If you can get some pics of how far you have to drop the sub frame etc, that would be great. Thinking of doing it myself soon.

mate take it to a garage to do it i have just finished fitting it took me 3 hours rushing around and im a competent mechanic with ramps etc plus the knowledge of how to remove subframe etc,

was really worth it though seems to pull up the revs alot stronger now and hold boost better, but i only road tested it around 1 mile as i need to make some tweeks here 'n' there

A ppace called infinty exhaust in bristol are making a three inch downpipe and fitting it for 200 all in you think this is a bargian?

300 inc down pipe?? id run away quality would be poor at best or they dont no how tricky a job it is, even still a 200quid downpipe is to cheap imo

finally had my AMD stage2 remapp with the mods as per my signature and the difference from custom code stage1 and the AMD mapp is night and day its almost as impressive as the stage1 was over standard, unfortunatly they found a boost leak and they could'nt source the pipe to repair it there and then so i have to go back for the final tweeks and for the correct power figures, however even with the boost leak its now doing 265bhp but its got 311lbft so once the boost leak is sorted and tweeks done they think ill gain more torque still and a little bhp so im hopeing for 270bhp and 315lbft, if any one has a fmic and turbo back exhaust go get a stage2 mapp it really is worth it,
Many thenks to AMD for a top job :thumbsup:

Well Ive got a fmic....Im gonna be getting revo's sps+ so might have stage 2 put on. Dont have an exhaust yet but not sure how much thats needed.

311 torque's!!! thats what I want.Am sure the downpipe needs changing

Well Ive got a fmic....Im gonna be getting revo's sps+ so might have stage 2 put on. Dont have an exhaust yet but not sure how much thats needed.
it made a big difference for me i had the fmic for a long time before going for the whole exhaust as i to thought it wont make that much difference, trust me it does when mapped correctly