Milltek Cat-Back

g10chy

Reaction score
Anyone recommend this exhuast or are there any better ones out in the market? I don't want a loud exhuast so was think about getting the Quiet (Resonated) Milltek.

I went through this a while back & the general consensus is forget it.

No real gains to be had on the S3 with any exhaust...

A few bhp an lbft thats it, that and the sound.

Well its a less restrictive exhaust system really. May not get no bhp or lbs gains but the engine should feel more responsive as the air can flow better through the exhaust.

I want a miltek just for a little more growl. Majority of the time I cant hear anything apart from a little road noise in my car.

My mates were saying my S3 sounds pretty good from behind, the sound of loads of air rushing through the exhaust. Just wish I could hear it. Il be getting a Milltek soon

The resonated Miltek doesnt sound any louder then the standard system. I have the non resinated Miltek catback and a de-cat, Mine is still not loud. Sounds nice when the Revo kicks in :w00t:.
But for build and fitting quality go for the Miltek. :o.k:

Ive heard afew say milteks crap for fit wise!

I went for a Supersprint twin pipe, mainly for looks than any BHP gains. It sounds just right imo, if you want a touch more noise without being an attention seeker.

They are worth every penny if you have a few bob to spare and sounds even better since remap. I love it!

DSC00281.jpg

Ive heard afew say milteks crap for fit wise!

Not true...Have you fitted a Miltek system to any of your cars? My friends brother has one on his TT and it couldnt fit any better. Same with mine, My Miltek was such an easy job and fits 100% with no bodging.

Anyone got any good videos of their exhaust's ?

I know there's some on youtube but they're poor at best tbh.

i think there must be some gain to be had if youre already running stage 1, by moving to stage 2. Id like another few lbs of noticeable torque

Im only saying what ive heard, dont shoot the messenger lol.
No hodge i havent and dont intend to, not a fan of twin pipe's, prefer the oval blueflame look.

There are plenty of custom exhaust places around who will make a catback stainless exhaust to your liking both in looks (tailpipe) and sound. Most charge around £300 or less including fitting and thats with a lifetime guarantee.

Now then vetch, were you been. You got the car sorted out yet?

Suspension is pretty much spot on bar uprated thicker ARBs. She sits low (very low actually) and handles very well indeed. No discernible bodyroll and much more comfortable over bumps. Id recommend the KW kit all the way.

Now, on days like today she is heatsoaking like hell, so its FMIC next. Then a nice catback system and a custom remap and that will be that!

How long did it end up taking?

Yep the s3's a b**ch for heatsoak, cant wait to order the say set up as tuffty when work allows.

No idea mate, I wasnt present at the time! I think I might do a little write and stick some photos of the work being done. And hopefully the forum member who did the work will have some inout on the installation process too.

I've just had a full stainless catback system built from scratch for £250.

Really nice, all hand made, perfect fit and you can have whatever you want.

3638246687_230e56a4fd.jpg

The car seems to pick up a lot better now. The good thing about a custom job is that you can state how loud you want it. Mines a single box system but is getting another box put in next week as its a bit too boomy at low revs for me. Car sounds great outside though, you get the odd muffled 'pop' too sometimes between gear changes :)

I'd say custom all the way, considering a Miltek would cost £100 more then I'd say there's no contest. Plus you can get them to make it just how you want it. The place that did mine couldnt have been better. More than happy to lob another box in for me so its just how I want it.

Give your local business the business and keep them going. I've passed the details of them onto about 10 people now who want an exhaust making. Quality is spot on, price is good and they're made by people who really know what they're doing. I'm not saying Miltek dont know, but they seem to charge a lot of money for an off the shelf item that can be had cheaper and made to exact spec.

T

I've just had a full stainless catback system built from scratch for £250.

Really nice, all hand made, perfect fit and you can have whatever you want.

The car seems to pick up a lot better now. The good thing about a custom job is that you can state how loud you want it. Mines a single box system but is getting another box put in next week as its a bit too boomy at low revs for me. Car sounds great outside though, you get the odd muffled 'pop' too sometimes between gear changes :)

I'd say custom all the way, considering a Miltek would cost £100 more then I'd say there's no contest. Plus you can get them to make it just how you want it. The place that did mine couldnt have been better. More than happy to lob another box in for me so its just how I want it.

Give your local business the business and keep them going. I've passed the details of them onto about 10 people now who want an exhaust making. Quality is spot on, price is good and they're made by people who really know what they're doing. I'm not saying Miltek dont know, but they seem to charge a lot of money for an off the shelf item that can be had cheaper and made to exact spec.

T

Amen to that Tom, and I shall be doing the same.

You might not gain any horses from a miltek but with a custom exhaust it could easily have a worse flow than standard.

Pre fab'd s the way to go if you want guaranteed quality and/or results.

You might not gain any horses from a miltek but with a custom exhaust it could easily have a worse flow than standard.

Pre fab'd s the way to go if you want guaranteed quality and/or results.

Not if you go to a decent builder. Mines 3" stainless and completely straight through, silencers packed with stainless wire wool wadding, lifetime warranty etc. Anyone who's decent will build you a good system.

Its where word of mouth, decent reputation and research comes into it.

Anyone worth their salt will knock you something good up for a lot less than an off the peg system. Sure, big companies have done a load of testing but decent engineering, welding skills and eperience will produce a good product.

I'd rather watch someone build one from scratch, taylor it to fit it, build it to my spec as I watch rather than take a punt with something a lot more expensive that I dont like.

i dont have any under car pics of mine at the moment but its pretty much the same as the other pic posted, the quality really shows.

T

Has anyone got videos of the sound of there exhaust system. Could start a poll for car sounds

There's plenty of videos on youtube matey

Think i will get on youtube and compare the loud and quiet systems! My Standard backbox is starting to go and sounds slightly rough :(

Out of interest how much is a standard backbox from Audi?