Disconnecting The Battery!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Morning all.
Just a quicky, need to disconnect the battery later to fit my shiney new oil catch tank but before i did i just wanted to check theres nothing inparticualer i need todo, ie leave drivers door open in case central locking kicks in, leave car keys in on one click etc.

The only thing I can think of is make sure you have the code for your OEM headunit.

I've had to disconnect mine a couple of times with no adverse effects. Everything still works as it should afterwards.

you will h\ave to reset the one touch windows after you reconnect it. Just lower them fully then thake them back up fully manually and they will be ok again

Cheers guys, thought they where the only 2 things, a just know how tempromental the S3s are lol.

you will h\ave to reset the one touch windows after you reconnect it. Just lower them fully then thake them back up fully manually and they will be ok again

I'm not sure why you have to lower them all the way in the manual? Maybe just to check that they work. Quick way to reset the one touch is, when they are in the closed position, just to pull the window switch upwards to close for a few secs, and they will be fine.

Also IIRC, when reconnecting the battery and firing the car for the first time, I think the car goes through a throttle adaptation phase, so you should leave it to idle for 5 minutes or so and the revs will go up and down slightly.

Good job you said that tim, and when reconnecting positive on then negative!

haha thought a bit of p**s taking was in order considerino your a sparky ;)

Well that was a b*****d of a job ended up taking the air box off.