Where is the best place to get a Clutch from?

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Hi guys, those of you who have changed your clutch.. Standard or uprated - where did you get them from, rough cost of just the part please..

Cheers.

Shy

Im getting mine from the us, there is a guy called Ed (username JCB i think) on here somewhere who can supply uprated items.

For my S3 a southbend uprated to about 360lb/ft clutch and single mass flywheel came in at about 700 ish with shipping, i was quoted near a grand for just the clutch over here!

I got mine supplied and fitted from APS (speak to Ed)

The price of the Sachs clutch and OEM DM-Flywheel (Luk) wasn't too bad but obviously the labour costs bump up the price considerably.

If you can DIY you'll save a packet.

Yeah i'll be doing it myself so wont be too much monies hopefully.. its a 1.8T AGU so i might go for the G60/VR6 set up, but dont know where the best place is that do it for a good price.

AMD were offering half price fitting on Sachs clutches. I had this done with a new OEM flywheel fitted 6 months ago.

They may still be offering this, worked out alot cheaper.

Take a look on there forum section.

Have a word with pjmspeedy, he can get genuine parts, pm him, very helpful guy from all accounts :)

will a std clutch setup cope with a remap and sports cat or upgrade time? had a map today and its started slipping. i can get all std parts trade or will it not hold up to the remap