And so it begins...

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
...The A3 will taking steriods and making a 56% (300bhp!) increase in power by the end of august! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Shall be ordering the turbo kit end of the week, picking up my racelogic traction control on friday, and other bits and bobs arriving as i type! After going to Castle Combe on saturday, it gave me a good kick up the **** to get it all sorted, and it will be done for 18th spetember and also the rolling road day in October.

i am SOOO excited you would not believe!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Thats gonna be a flyer!

Congrats dude!

Who's doing the work?

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Thats gonna be a flyer!

Congrats dude!

Who's doing the work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Moi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only reason i didnt change was the insurance! Funny thing is i can insure this for a reasonable amount even if it is going to be a bit mad!

nevermind, this will be a very fun car when its done! This is just the beginning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Rich

We better stand out of the way when you start her up then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
We better stand out of the way when you start her up then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Having to get a downpipe fabricated locally as they dont have any yet for it (Jabba that is!) The A3 is MUCH easier to work on than the S3..So much more space due to no Quattro. It will be a challenge, but nothing too major:)

Mate thats some serious power.. Well Done!!!
No doubt that means you will be spending alot of time working on your baby..
Let us know how it comes along..

[ QUOTE ]
Pal_S3_Turbo said:

Mate thats some serious power.. Well Done!!!
No doubt that means you will be spending alot of time working on your baby..
Let us know how it comes along..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2 weeks off in a week and a half so all my time will be spent on this. I expect it to take me a day to fit remove the old turbo abd fit the other one, but atleast i have plenty of time for things to go wrong which undoubtedly they will (always do!). I will post up progress reports and pics through the install.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
Man, sounds awesome.

What difference does the race logic traction control have?

[/ QUOTE ]

A HUGE one! A3 being fwd cant always put the power down just being 190 odd bhp let alone 300! Thats my main reason for it. I am getting launch control with that also which should be fun. Really is a fantastic bit of kit and is like electronic quattro! Closes the gap to next to nothing between fwd and quattro even in the wet! Its quality!

Rich

Sounds impressive Rich, look forwards to the progress pictures! Talking of which, my motors back in one peice now, I should hopefully have a new profile picture tomorrow.

A day to take the old one of and another day to put the new one on should be ample time.

I was planning to do a write up on how to swap a turbo next time I have mine off (kinda like the cambelt swap one I did).

But you can do it for me!!

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
A day to take the old one of and another day to put the new one on should be ample time.

I was planning to do a write up on how to swap a turbo next time I have mine off (kinda like the cambelt swap one I did).

But you can do it for me!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i will try! I'll get a scribe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Will try and take lots of pictures of the whole process. Will have to tow the car to the bloke whos going to make the downpipe for me (only 17miles so not too far) then to AmD to have it mapped. i cant wait!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
A HUGE one! A3 being fwd cant always put the power down just being 190 odd bhp let alone 300! Thats my main reason for it. I am getting launch control with that also which should be fun. Really is a fantastic bit of kit and is like electronic quattro! Closes the gap to next to nothing between fwd and quattro even in the wet! Its quality!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I withdraw my 1/4 mile challenge Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

sounds awesome Rich let us know about the racelogic will be interesting

Hope it doesnt work like ESP!!!

but let us know i love it how ur going Hardcore

go the A3!

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
sounds awesome Rich let us know about the racelogic will be interesting

Hope it doesnt work like ESP!!!

but let us know i love it how ur going Hardcore

go the A3!

[/ QUOTE ]

Racelogic is very dissimilar to ESP! You really wouldnt know it was there apart from launches when it causes mis-fires and makes a cool noise for a moment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will be fitting that before anything else i think! Probably going to be the most challenging thing to fit to be honest! Have to tap into the ABS Sensors, and also the injectors, get a power source, run the loom into the cabin, and set it all up.

The next few weeks will be very fun indeed! And my learning curve will go vertical! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

na me neitehr....cant wait for the pics.

nice one rich

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Going to be 2 weeks of scratched, scraped, and cut knuckles and arms i think! Oh well, will most definately be worth it!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
I pull the drive shaft out as well. I hate struggling around stuff. Doesn't add too much to the whole process either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which end? and how easy is it to do?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

The long one on the drivers side. Hubnut, balljoint and six 8mm splined bolts to the diff flange. You don't have to, its just something that helps to get to the turbo from underneath.

The official Audi proceedure mentions it too.

Yes. For my next mods after this, i will be uprating the internals.

Rich