dump valve??

Lacey123

Audi S3
Reaction score
what is the best dump valve too get?
i want the wooosh noise in my life?

you wont really get it as s3's recirc the pressure. The whoosh noise is the boost pressure getting released to the atmosphere, which the S3 will not like and mess with the ecu.

Best thing is to get a forge or similar dump valve and a panel filter (pipercross for example)

And also ive heard of people drilling hole in their air box for the whoosh noise on s3's, but i would never do that myself.

The best ones are the ones that have no whoosh noise. if you want the noise without compromising on performance, get a Forge recirculating valve (FMCL007P) and then a BMC CDA or something like that. You get the noise without leaking the air to atmosphere and creating lag.

recomend either forge 007p or you can uprate the standard one to a bosch 710n unit, which comes off a tt225bhp, does same job at fraction of cost!!

forge splitR valve its not very wossshhy but its about all you can do by fitting a dv to an a3/s3 with out eml issues, as for turbo lag and and loose of power thats never going to happen in real terms

im surprised no ones come here calling you a chav yet

Chav!!.

.....well someone had to ;)

Panel filter and a 007 will give you a bit more 'whoosh' but it'll never EVER be anything that dumps to atmosphere.

thats what i just got, diverter valve and panel filter, cant hear anything difference, or feel yet really, just hoping its my broken pipe thats making it feel like this,!

I have a Forge Split R for sale if you're interested?

DSC_0170.jpg

These are £140+ brand new on the Forge Website >>> http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010201&product=FMDVSPLTR

Would accept £70 delivered.

I have fitted my 007p the other day and i have noticed that the dump sound is alot louder then the standard bosch valve.

Should this be the case or am i leaking boost?

Wouldnt say ours is fairly loud with a standard DV on but you can hear it if you listen for it

no the 007p should sound more..... you wont have a drop in performanxce with that unless your using the wrong spring

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=6775&xSec=459
That one will fit

Tested on the TT forum to have the best gains.....

But as has been said , can`t use proper dump valves on the 1.8T

You could always try turning the 007P round to see if it gives any more sound
It worked on my son`s MK4 Golf 1.8T , now he is more impressed ;)
Sarah