Forge Brake Vacuum Hose. Where's It Go?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So came to fit it early but couldn't seem to find where it goe's.
I always thought it went tat side of the coolant bottle, here's what it looks like just in case you dont quite know:

It was covered awhile ago but cant find the thread.

I thought it went on the left hand side of the intake manifold?

Any pics minty! Had alook all over and just could't find it!

Ok this is now up for sale if the ebay seller doesnt accept it back.
Who ever wants it can have it for what i paid for it £12.51 plus whatever the p+p will be, afew quid unlike the £6 i paid lol. Pm me if anyone wants it.

let me check mine mate cos im sure its the same bit as per the BAM engine.....

Cant be tim, if you compare the two pics i posted their different and looking at mine there's noway it'll fit on mine so it's no good to me.

Yeah itll fit yours but mines the apy.

as the vicar said to the nun 'I shall have a sniff later' - to see if it will fit.....

Ok well let me know by tonight tim because if not its off back tomorrow.

Yeh thats exactly where I thought it went. Not done it yet though as it requires me to cut the rubber join between the two hoses and thats effort lol. Will do it when Im next working on it.

Reactions: Bowl
I have one on my S3 AMK, it goes on the left side of inlet manifold under the other vacuum pipe, dead easy to fit, my old one did look a bit mushy inside so worth changing them.

I'm interested in pic's too. I fitted the Dahlbäck intake on my AMK and that OE hose isn't really a perfect fit now. All twisted and semi-worn...

I'm interested in pic's too. I fitted the Dahlbäck intake on my AMK and that OE hose isn't really a perfect fit now. All twisted and semi-worn...

Why would the intake hose affect the vacuum brake hose thropposite sides of the engine?

Sorry i'm a bit late with pics but here it goes...
P6290016.jpg

This shows the old hose removed, i moved aside the turbo hose to gain access to remove the crimp clips holding the vacuum hose on.
P6290017.jpg

The most difficult part is pushing the new hose on the bottom pipe, its a tight fit and you might need someone to hold the pipe with some long nose pliers while you wiggle the hose on. I used jubilee clips but i think they look a bit untidy.
P6290018.jpg

The next step is to cut the top part of the hose away fro the lower part your replacing. This bit needs to slide back on over the top pipe put dont cut too close because it sits on top of the top jubilee clip and could wear away slightly with vibration so you need a bit of padding. Next clip up the top rubber hose to the plastic pipe and put back on the boost hose.
Job done.

Note, i have replaced the cable tie seen in the pic that came on my engine cover when i bought the car with the correct plastic screw from Audi, No **** taking please. .... lol :s3addict:

Yep like i thought the apy block has adifferent lay out round that area.

Did you notice any difference after replacing this pipe or is it a 'just incase'?

Its just a case, wont give you anything just prevent failure of the original pipe.

Does it list the engine codes it is suitable for on the forge website or do they think it will fit every 1.8T