Scuffed Leather

Bobt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.solutionsict.co.uk
I have had a Gliptone scuff master kit for a while and have just got round to using it, thought i would post before and after pics for those of you with scuffed seats !!

DRIVERS SEAT BEFORE
drivers%20before.jpg

DRIVERS SEAT AFTER
drivers%20AFTER.jpg

PASSENGER SEAT BEFORE
passenger%20before.jpg

PASSENGER AFTER
passenger%20after.jpg

Kit was easy to use and results are very good

I used auto glym leather care when I did mine a few weeks ago, came up pretty good. Been thinking about trying gliptone next. What process did you do and what is included in the kit ?

The guy on the phone said my leather colour would be Audi Soul Black, so in the kit i got:
65ml bottle of main dye (soul black)
5ml bottle black toner
5ml bottle white toner
5ml bottle gloss enhancer
couple of tiny sponges.
http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm
also ordered Liquid Leather GT12 cleaner and Liquid Leather GT11 Conditioner (this smells damm good)
PROCESS
Test the colour of the main dye with your seats in a place you cant see, add white, black or gloss enhancer to main mix to perfecly match your leather.
I cleaned areas with GT12 cleaner wiped dry with microfibre and then dryed area with hairdryer for speed. Then wet sponge and add some of the main dye and rub over scuffed area leave for 2 mins then wipe with wet cloth to remove dye. Dry (i used hairdryer again) then condition with GT11 Job Done
You can also use an artist brush to fill in any scratches or digs which i did to, i just carefully brushed dye onto damage and that was that.

looks like a very handy bit of kit. Thanks for the write up about your process. Does it say how often you should treat the leather

On the GT11 conditioner is just says periodically, you have to smell the conditioner it literally smells like leather in a bottle. I have tried a few conditioners and nothing comes close to the GT11.

I love the smell of fresh new leather. Thanks for the advice Bobt, going to give that stuff ago next time I think.

Tahts fantastic, might have to get me some!. My seats are fine but the drivers ones looking pretty shiney.

T

gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner are top notch, as said, smell exactly like leather.... cleaner needs applying properly as in ideally aggitated.....spend the time and it looks and smells awesome.... tons better than any other conditioner ive ever tried

keep meaning to order this scuff master colour wash but need to send a sample as they dont have any records for the silver/cream S3 leather

You send a sample tim then i can order some :)

used it (gliptone) on three cars now. it is without doubt the best out there.
the cleaner and conditioner works a treat on tired leather.
the scuff and split kit is awesome on older more lined and cracked leather. did some old M3 seats that had crap ingrained in the little cracks and folds (the colour of the stuff coming off was disgusting!).
came up a treat afterwards and the new leather smell stays with it for months afterwards