Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anti-corrosion warranty results - Please post here

1st Gear

Status

rust on roof

HOME TOWN; Eastbourne

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 1999 Audi A3 1.8 TQS

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; along roof rail near back passenger side. Also trim above number plate.

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; 2 days

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 3 months

DEALER APPROACHED; Eastbourne Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED), Refused

REASON FOR REFUSAL; Been there to long. and for trim above the number plate the warranty does not cover.

DATE OF CLAIM, Didn't send it because he said the would say the same.

Ming Blue S3 AMK . . .

2. # ADS
    ADS

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jack.s View Post
    HOME TOWN; Eastbourne

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 1999 Audi A3 1.8 TQS

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; along roof rail near back passenger side. Also trim above number plate.

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; 2 days

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 3 months

DEALER APPROACHED; Eastbourne Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED), Refused

REASON FOR REFUSAL; Been there to long. and for trim above the number plate the warranty does not cover.

DATE OF CLAIM, Didn't send it because he said the would say the same.
    did you speak to guy there?? i went in a while ago and had no luck with some bubbles on my rear quarter pannels, now i have noticed some bubbles coming through on my roof so im going back again hope to get this sorted as i want it fixed by winter for foc as at the very beggining of next summer im going for a full respray but dont want to get the respray done before winter so im hoping audi will be nice and pay for the roof so it will last till next year

usually growling at something

Status

Outome of repa

Audi Bristol sorted mine out - took 2 attempts a new roof rail was required as they dented and scratched the old one whilst repairing it
    If you aint first you're last

Top Gear!!!!

Status
    after 1st refusing roof rails but approving door,i took car back to get some more pics of the roof rails.they asked warranty to reconsider claim.car went in today for work to door and finally roof rails.persistance it seems works!!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN; Aberdeen

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 1998 Audi A3 1.9 TDI

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; I found rust on driver's door and driver's side roof rail, audi body shop assessor found rust on passenger roof rail and passenger side door has been done prior to my ownership.

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; Took the car to Audi bodyshop four days after collecting it.

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 4 days.

DEALER APPROACHED; Aberdeen Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED), Was told I would hear "within a few days".

REASON FOR REFUSAL; N/A

DATE OF CLAIM, Today 17/08/09 .

I found this thread the day after I picked up the car. I found rust on the driver's door and driver's side roof rail, assessor found it on the passenger rail and the passenger door has been done in the past.
    The paint was measured at 119 and 121 microns on the roof rails and 87 on the door. The assessor said, "I don't think they'll approve that, its been there too long".
    1998 A3 TDI 110 3door.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    HOME TOWN; Hemel Hempstead, Herts.

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 2002 (51) Audi S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; Very small bubbles of rust appearing on passenger side roof rail above rear quarter window.

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; Bought the car around 4 months ago, but only noticed the bubbling about a month ago when washing the car, wasn't there when I bought the car as I've had an 8L S3 and A3 in the past so knew to look for it. Its spread pretty quick!

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; About 3 months

DEALER APPROACHED; Hatfield Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED), Pending

REASON FOR REFUSAL; N/A

DATE OF CLAIM, 13/08/09 .

The warrenty guy at Hatfield Audi and the bodyshop manager of Pentagon (who carry out the warrenty work) both seem to think that the corrosion is very fresh and they are confident that every panel on my car is still on original paint as it read low consistant readings on paint depth, but at the same time they aren't making any promises as they said Audi UK seem to be getting very tough on this particular claim on the 8L's. They are also convinced that Audi UK will send out their own technician. So I will keep you updated!

3rd Gear

Status
    Just to keep everyone updated with this, I received another e-mail from Richard Starkey (Customer Care Manager) this morning stating;

"Hi Jonathan,

I have been progressing your request over the past 7 days. I hope to be able to respond more fully shortly."

nak
    Reverse Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN - STAFFORD

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL - 2001 S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - BOTH ROOF RAILS, OFFSIDE ONE MORE SERIOUS THAN NEARSIDE, BOTH TOWARDS REAR END OF CAR PAST CENTRE DOOR PILLAR

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 2 WEEKS

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 1 MONTH

DEALER APPROACHED - AUDI STAFFORD

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - PENDING

Asked about service history, copies taken of Service Book, made a point of me buying vehicle with corrosion already there, in his view been there to long, told him that it was not a common place to look for rust, let's wait for the outcome.
    Just like to thank bantam1, for his time and effort, as this issue gains momentum.

2nd Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN - Bournemouth

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL - 2003 S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Rust on off side roof rails

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 1 week

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 3 MONTH

DEALER APPROACHED - Poole Audi

Its been 2 weeks now and I have just started to chase it up, I've been told that the request is still pending at audi, how long has it been for most people to hear anything back?

Would be interesting to hear what audi say about the matter or the refused warrenties, The guy at poole audi reccon's that it is the lower milage cars that tend to suffer with this rather than the higher ones, seemed a little mickey mouse to me but hey I guess I will have to wait and see! gotta say my car is pretty spotless so I'm struggling to see how they can refuse it! Even has full Audi service history!

Quattro ist für sissies

Status
    HOME TOWN - Cardiff

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Rust on drivers side rear quarter

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 2 week

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 4 MONTH

DEALER APPROACHED - Cardiff Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - Refused. They said it was due to a stone chip
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    HOME TOWN - North Manchester

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Rust just starting on rear end of near side roof rail

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 3 weeks - it took two trips and 30 pictures to get one good enough to actually capture the rust

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 2 years and 7 months

DEALER APPROACHED - Stockport Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - APPROVED, helped by the guy at the bodyshop being very supportive of the claim (Audi don't have their own bodyshop so they use an independent in Audenshaw).
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

3rd Gear

Status
    After have my first claim rejected from crawley audi on the 11th august. I today had a call stating that they could still go ahead and do the work at a price. They quoted me 1200 for the rust and roof respray. That is a lot of money! Having looked through this thread I have a feeling that some dealersgips maybe using this as a money making oppotunity. My claim was submitted on the day of the 11th and literally a couple of hours later rejected which seemed very quick, and thinking about it he guy there said before looking at the car he douted I'd get it done under warranty. I am slightly suspicious of this so today I'm going else where to get another opinion!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansmith View Post
    HOME TOWN - Bournemouth

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Rust on off side roof rails

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 1 week

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 3 MONTH

DEALER APPROACHED - Poole Audi

Its been 2 weeks now and I have just started to chase it up, I've been told that the request is still pending at audi, how long has it been for most people to hear anything back?

Would be interesting to hear what audi say about the matter or the refused warrenties, The guy at poole audi reccon's that it is the lower milage cars that tend to suffer with this rather than the higher ones, seemed a little mickey mouse to me but hey I guess I will have to wait and see! gotta say my car is pretty spotless so I'm struggling to see how they can refuse it! Even has full Audi service history!

Just got my car approved! rather happy due in on the 2nd of sept for 3 days and even get a courtesy car!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Home town- Ashford Kent
    Year & vehicle model- 2001 S3
    Details of rust- Nearside roof rail & tailgate
    Time to warranty from first noticing- 1week
    How long had you owned vehicle at this time- 5yrs 4months
    Dealer approached- East Kent Audi
    Outcome- Approved?? Sort of...

Have said as a goodwill gesture they are prepared to pay for 70% of the cost of repairs. Eventhough they have not told me how much my 30% will be.
    Last edited by jjgas; 25th August 2009 at 19:50.

Neutral

Status

claim

HOME TOWN - WATFORD

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL - 2002 S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - DRIVERS ROOF RAIL 2 AREAS

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 3 weeks

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 2.5 YEARS
    DEALER APPROACHED - AUDI WATFORD

Photos taken paint thickness not measured viewed by a Guy called Tony Jenkins said he didn't see a problem with claim !!!!

kip
    Neutral

Status
    I had my roof rails done last year. I have been back due to bubbling showing once again within this area. I have been told that it was a good will jester first time around and that they don't warrant warrenty work even through it was done less than a year ago! unreal answer I think I am going to consult legal advice on this one.

Neutral

Status
    If this thread extends to S4's I had a claim refused because the boot handle they say is trim and not body work

Preston Audi

2000 S4 Avant

Boot handle and the rear window inserts

Bought the car 1 month earlier and reported as soon as we noticed the first signs of bubbling

Refused. Let me know if you need any pictures.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgas View Post
    Home town- Ashford Kent
    Year & vehicle model- 2001 S3
    Details of rust- Nearside roof rail & tailgate
    Time to warranty from first noticing- 1week
    How long had you owned vehicle at this time- 5yrs 4months
    Dealer approached- East Kent Audi
    Outcome- Approved?? Sort of...

Have said as a goodwill gesture they are prepared to pay for 70% of the cost of repairs. Eventhough they have not told me how much my 30% will be.
    Just been told that total contribution from me is 640.17, seems a very high price as only 30% of total.
    Also told it is not covered under corrosion warranty as not "rust".. They class it as "Edge and Fold rust"?? which is not really rust but a paint problem.(rust is rust to me)
    Looks like a good way to make money.
    When i challenged him that some dealers seem to be paying for the whole cost of the repair his answer was that "the dealer must be contributing the 30% to the repair themselves".
    Good luck to anyone else who tries to get repairs under the corrosion warranty, think you need it.

5th Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN - NORTHAMPTON

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - BOTH ROOF RAIL IN 3 AREAS

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 2 MONTHS

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 2 YEARS

DEALER APPROACHED - NORTHAMPTON AUDI

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - APPROVED

Can't fault them gave me an 09 Audi A3 TDI for 5days which had just been valeted. The bodyshop did a good job and they even valeted my car for me when I came to pick it up. Top marks.
    Last edited by fran-s3; 26th August 2009 at 18:50.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Update: Got the call today, a goodwill gesture of a 70% contribution to a new door and roof & quarter panel de-rusting and painting. My 30% was around 450(exact figures are at work)!

Have we had any more word from Mr Starkey or will I be chasing Audi UK on monday?
    1998 A3 TDI 110 3door.

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansmith View Post
    Just got my car approved! rather happy due in on the 2nd of sept for 3 days and even get a courtesy car!
    Dan if youre going to Poole Audi dont get youre hopes up! I got given a crapy 1 litre 09 plate Polo and when i did pick my car up (Finally!) it was in a worse condition that i left it there in! CHEAK IT OVER VERY CLEARLY AFTERWARDS!

And i will post pics and info on my claim later today.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    HOME TOWN - SWANAGE

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - BOTH ROOF RAILS IN 2 PLACES

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 1-2 MONTHS

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 9 MONTHS

DEALER APPROACHED - POOLE AUDI

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - APPROVED

A very very long week.....They took 3 weeks to get back to me to tell me that it had been appoved then i booked it in, Turned up at 8am on the 17th August and they had no record of booking me in??? Anyway they had another look around it and said they could do it so they gave me the keys to an 09 plate Polo that was useless as a chocolate teapot which i had to have for 2 weeks (was only planned to be 3-4 days?) And when i did get it back the roof had been sorted and new rails had been put in BUT it looked like someone has had an angle grinder to them on the front showing bare metal? So now its booked in again and im going to have the most uncomfortable car for another week.
    O yea and there was a very nice R8 there that a young worker was driving around in the carpark for about 15-20 minites wast i was waiting for them to bring my car out the front.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayne View Post
    Update: Got the call today, a goodwill gesture of a 70% contribution to a new door and roof & quarter panel de-rusting and painting. My 30% was around 450(exact figures are at work)!

Have we had any more word from Mr Starkey or will I be chasing Audi UK on monday?
    No further word yet BUT i thought it right to give him the courtesy of the time he requested to look at this on our behalf.

I don't think individuals have had much luck resolving this with Audi UK customer service to date.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Junky View Post
    HOME TOWN - North Manchester

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Rust just starting on rear end of near side roof rail

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 3 weeks - it took two trips and 30 pictures to get one good enough to actually capture the rust

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 2 years and 7 months

DEALER APPROACHED - Stockport Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - APPROVED, helped by the guy at the bodyshop being very supportive of the claim (Audi don't have their own bodyshop so they use an independent in Audenshaw).
    Got my car back yesterday and the job looks good, i haven't washed it properly yet to really see but on the face of it looks ok. The only thing that was slightly offputting was the fact that they didn't provide me with a reciept as apparently that gets sent to Audi direct. He did reassure me that if there were any problems then the bodyshop would warrant the work so just contact them direct and they would have details on the system....
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Reverse Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN - Weymouth

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODE - 2000 S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - roof rails both sides

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 4 weeks

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 1yr

DEALER APPROACHED - Poole Audi (really helpful)

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - Approved

DATE OF CLAIM - Dec 2008

i also had the lovelly courtesy polo, was so slow but at least it was a hire car. they did a great job on mine apart a slight bit of overspray on the windscreen rubber which they soon corrected. no problems what so ever
    Last edited by S3_Bon; 29th August 2009 at 00:22.
    00 8L S3, Stage 1 remap, 18" Gallardo wheels,green panel filter, forge split-r valve, s3 plate, cupra splitter, facelift rear lights, Dension icelink Fm iPod kit, vibe subwoofer

Neutral

Status
    HOME TOWN - London
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL - 2001 A3 1.8T

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Roof joins both sides

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 3 weeks

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 1yr

DEALER APPROACHED - Chingford Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - Approved

DATE OF CLAIM - August 2008

Neutral

Status
    Wow, with all these approvals I am seeing I think I will get my car sorted asap! Hope my local Audi garage in Hatfield are as good!
    Mk1 Mazda Eunos Roadster

Big plans... erm.. planned.

More power captain

Status

Claim successfull

HOME TOWN; Bristol

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 2001 S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; Along passenger side rain channel on roof

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; 2 weeks

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 5 years

DEALER APPROACHED; Bristol audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED), approved

REASON FOR REFUSAL;

DATE OF CLAIM: June 09

S3 (01) \330bhp & 332 ft lb

1st Gear

Status
    My car is back from the bodyshop. It was in for the drivers side roof rail and the drivers door at the bottom. I also mentioned a couple of spots forward or the rear wheel, they said this was chips so i would not be covered for this.

My car got delivered to my house the other day ( not seen it yet, working in OZ) so i asked my mate to go check it out for me.

They have painted the full door and back quarter, lower part they said was not covered and the roof rail. He said its a top job, so i cant wait to see it. not that much though, loving the sun in OZ

Neutral

Status
    thanks to this thread I have checked my roof rails and there seems to be some rust coming thru, unfortunately I am going offshore tomorrow but will get the car checked asap.
    BMW 123d M-sport

S3 Gone
    Lotus Elise SC
    Seat Ibiza GTI

3rd Gear

Status
    An update for everyone. This afternoon i received the following e-mail from Richard Starkey at Audi UK.

"Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your patience whilst I have looked into this.

Firstly I am not able to comment on the experiences of other A3 owners, but
    with regard to the corrosion on your own car, in agreement with our warranty
    department we feel the best course of action would be for us to re-inspect
    your car at Birmingham Audi with a representative from our paint and body
    team to get a clear picture of the issue and the concerns you have.

We will make the arrangements via Birmingham Audi, and you can expect to
    hear from them shortly to confirm this.

I hope this meets with your approval.

Richard Starkey
    Customer Care Manager
    Audi UK"

Obviously i was not in this just to get my individual claim re-examined by Audi, but to try and get a satisfactory response on behalf of everyone here from Audi UK, before trying alternative avenues. Thus i have sent the following reply to Mr Starkey;

"Dear Richard,

Many thanks for your e-mail and indication that Birmingham Audi will re-examine my individual case. I do welcome that.

However, as stated originally my enquiry was on behalf of multiple A3 owners, who are all members of the audi-sport.net website and who have experienced the same issues, and also have been unable to find a satisfactory resolution individually via Audi UK customer service. I was not making an enquiry for my own purposes, as an individual, but on behalf of these owners as a group, as per my original e-mail.

I wonder if you would confirm that if i forward the relevant personal details of these other owners that they too will be afforded the opportunity to have their individual claims re-examined by Audi?

Could you please let me have an answer to this as soon as possible, so i can communicate Audi's position on this to these other owners on whose behalf i contacted you originally, prior to taking any further action?

Many thanks,

Jonathan"

I will let everyone know the outcome of this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN - Rossendale, Lancashire

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODE - 2001 S3

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Both Driver and Passenger Roof Rails

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 1 month

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 4 years

DEALER APPROACHED - Blackburn Audi

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - Pending

DATE OF CLAIM - 01/09/09

I have been told by Blackburn Audi that claims take 6 - 8 weeks because they have to send it to Germany but judging from some of your responses i'm hoping it doesnt take that long.

3rd Gear

Status

Exclamation PLEASE READ

Dear All,

I had a very constructive conversation with Richard Starkey (Audi UK Customer Care Manager) this morning about the roof rail warranty issue. I would like to thank him personally for the time he has taken to examine this issue, and for his offer to co-ordinate a review of refused warranty claims on behalf of the members of ASN.

Richard has agreed that Audi UK will re-examine all of the roof rail anti-corrosion warranty claims that ASN members have had refused, to ensure that decisions have been made on a consistent and reasonable basis. He will NOT guarantee that there will be a positive outcome for all concerned, but each case WILL be re-examined. He has stressed to me that Audi UK are trying to ensure that these warranty decisions are made on a consistent and justifiable basis and that Audi service centres handle claims accordingly.

I had offered to supply the details of the individuals concerned, but I have been told that due to data protection issues that each claimant must contact Richard individually in order to initiate this review. If you are a member of ASN and have posted details of a refused roof rail anti-corrosion warranty claim in this thread and wish to have your claim re-examined could you please do the following;

(1) e-mail Richard Starkey (Audi UK Customer Care Manager) at Richard.starkey@audi.co.uk

(2) title the e-mail Audi-sport.net roof rail warranty claim re-examination

(3) include your name and contact details, vehicle registration, details of local Audi service centre to which the original claim was presented, and also details of the date of the claim and reason given for refusal, if you have them.

(4) PLEASE BE POLITE AND NON-CONFRONTATIONAL IN YOUR DEALINGS WITH RICHARD - WE ARE FAR MORE LIKELY TO GET A CONSTRUCTIVE RESPONSE IN THIS WAY.

Richard indicated that Audi will probably be able to review recent claims via photographs and details taken at the time of the original claim, although there may be a need for some owners to re-present their vehicles, for example if photos taken are not good enough or the claim was made sometime ago. He has assured me that they will attempt to ensure that there is consistency of decision and basis of decision across all of these refused cases.

I genuinely believe from the conversation that I have had with Richard this morning that Audi UK will seriously re-examine these warranty refusals. I did stress that many ASN members have had seemingly similar claims (verifiable by photos taken by owners at the time of claim) approved, and that we are therefore seeking consistency in decision and basis of decision between approved and refused claims. Richard agreed that Audi UK should seek to achieve this.

Lastly, could I ask everyone who does e-mail Richard regarding their roof rail warranty claim refusal to send me a private message to that effect, and when the time comes to let me know the outcome of their individual review. I will audit individual outcomes so that we can monitor the collective outcome of this process for ASN members, and of course will communicate this to everyone concerned.

Best wishes,

B (Jonathan)
    Last edited by bantam1; 2nd September 2009 at 18:20.

Reverse Gear

Status
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL-audi a3 18t

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND- both roof rails

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT=3-4 weeks

HOW LONG HAD YOU OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME-16 months

DEALER APPROACHED-Cardiff

OUTCOME-refused been there too long which is rubbish as its barley visible said audi uk refused it
    contacted audi uk knew nothing about it they said it was upto the dealer
    that you took it to
    audi uk phoned me back today and said it comes under the 3 year paint warranty
    so no chance

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audia3vwgti View Post
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL-audi a3 18t

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND- both roof rails

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT=3-4 weeks

HOW LONG HAD YOU OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME-16 months

DEALER APPROACHED-Cardiff

OUTCOME-refused been there too long which is rubbish as its barley visible said audi uk refused it
    contacted audi uk knew nothing about it they said it was upto the dealer
    that you took it to
    audi uk phoned me back today and said it comes under the 3 year paint warranty
    so no chance
    Hi Mate,

Please read my post directly above yours. If you e-mail Richard Starkey at Audi UK they should re-examine this claim for you according to the agreement i have come to on the behalf of ASN members.

Please be polite with Richard when you do so as we are much more likely to get a response if we are non-confrontational about this. Richard has been nothing but reasonable about this so far and i think he will genuinely co-ordinate a re-examination of these claims for us. But to facilitate this we have to be measured and polite in our dealings with them.

All the best with it.

Jonathan.

Monkey Trainer

Status
    HOME TOWN: Macclesfield
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL: 2001 A3 TQS
    DETAILS OF RUST FOUND: Offside roof rail toward rear (both sides ground back and resprayed)
    TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT: 1 week
    HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME: 3 Years
    DEALER APPROACHED: Macclesfield Audi
    OUTCOME: Approved
    J
    DATE OF CLAIM: July -09

One of the lucky ones I guess. Best of luck to the rest of you guys, I hope it turns out well.
    A3 1.8TQS: Supersport Springs and Shocks, Xenons, BMC Filter, 18" OEM TTV6's, Bailey DV, N75J and Phase 1 Custom Code.

PUP
    Reverse Gear

Status
    HOME TOWN - Camborne, Cornwall

YEAR AND VEHICLE MODE - 2000 (W) A3 TDi

DETAILS OF RUST FOUND - Paint Bubbling on Gutter Trim both sides

TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT - 4 weeks approx

HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME - 1 year approx

DEALER APPROACHED - CARRS, TRURO

OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) - REFUSED

REASON FOR REFUSAL - Photos taken by girl in customer servise and emailed to Audi UK, was told photos wern't very clear and to go back in for "another go"

DATE OF CLAIM - early 2009
    Sitting on the fence...
    And laughing at both sides.

Neutral

Status
    Just called Audi - will be arranging appt with the warranty guy tomorrow with Hatfield Audi. Fingers crossed as the roof rails are worse than I expected, though the rust still hasnt broken the surface.
    Mk1 Mazda Eunos Roadster

Big plans... erm.. planned.

nak
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Just a quick one, bantam1 (Jonathan), staill have my claim pending with Stafford Audi, they have not contacted me, been a couple of weeks now, so probably will have to chase claim up, in which way would you like me to deal with this, for i am neither here or there and the claim will be going through Audi UK anyway, do i drop Richard an e-mail ? thanks
    Last edited by nak; 6th September 2009 at 13:32.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Just a quick one, bantam1 (Jonathan), staill have my claim pending with Stafford Audi, they have not contacted me, been a couple of weeks now, so probably will have to chase claim up, in which way would you like me to deal with this, for i am neither here or there and the claim will be going through Audi UK anyway, do i drop Richard an e-mail ? thanks
    I think you'd have to find out the outcome of your claim with Stafford Audi. E-mailing Richard is to get refused roof rail claims re-examined.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast