EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 681 to 720 of 842
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anti-corrosion warranty results - Please post here

  1. #681
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by James333 View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered already but when I had mine done the auid rep said that for ANY roof rail repairs, boths sides and the roof must be painted, even if there is only corrosion on one side, this is as a preventative measure and he printed out a 30 page document for the sprayers to work to. So for £300 you should be getting both rear quarters and the roof painted.... a good deal really. As for the rear number plate plinth (is that what you are referring to? ) Mine was corroded but not covered under warranty as it is classed as trim. Hope this helps
    IMO £300 for something that should be (and used to be) covered under warranty is NOT a good deal. I have a copy of the 30 page document, and it's very specific and comprehensive... with good reason, they don't want comebacks with a warranty repair.
    Ask admin to advertise here

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #682
    James333's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    IMO £300 for something that should be (and used to be) covered under warranty is NOT a good deal.
    Actually, good point, I mean £300 is the best out of a bad situation but still a completely spineless move by audi. Soulsurfer, your statement is very true.
    2001 AMK S3 Custom Code stage 1, B5 TIP, Jetex filter

  4. #683
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    728

    My Social Networking

    Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 2001 (51 plate) 1.8TQS


    DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; bubbling on one roof rail, both front archs

    TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; Phone up today after noticing it today

    HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 11 months

    DEALER APPROACHED; Plymouth Audi

    Waiting for them to call me back at the mo, guess the best im going to get is the 70/30 deal, no idea how much that will set me back with the front arches needing doing aswell

  5. #684
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by James333 View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered already but when I had mine done the auid rep said that for ANY roof rail repairs, boths sides and the roof must be painted, even if there is only corrosion on one side, this is as a preventative measure and he printed out a 30 page document for the sprayers to work to. So for £300 you should be getting both rear quarters and the roof painted.... a good deal really. As for the rear number plate plinth (is that what you are referring to? ) Mine was corroded but not covered under warranty as it is classed as trim. Hope this helps
    I saw the document yesterday from Audi HQ but they won't paint the entire roof or rear quarters, just either side of the rails. Surely they would do the same on every repair?

  6. #685
    audia38l1's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    24
    Too bad that I come across this forum that late. Yes. I do notice this rust on the roof long time ago and I was thinking of the acid rain causes the issue! Do you think if I can still go to the Audi dealer and asks them to fix it as my car is bought in 2002?

  7. #686
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    184
    Mine is a 2000 model and they dealt with the repair under warranty back in Feb so no harm in calling and going to get it checked out as you may get the 70/30 offer or the whole cost covered.

  8. #687
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by audia38l1 View Post
    Too bad that I come across this forum that late. Yes. I do notice this rust on the roof long time ago and I was thinking of the acid rain causes the issue! Do you think if I can still go to the Audi dealer and asks them to fix it as my car is bought in 2002?
    It's a 12 year anti corrosion warranty ;-)
    Ask admin to advertise here

  9. #688
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9

    Talking SUCCESS !!!!!

    Hi guys.

    Good news!!!

    After quite a drawn out process I have finally got everything I wanted (short of a new vehicle).

    My car is being repaired at a bodyshop of my choosing - NOT an Audi Dealership and Audi are settling the invoice directly.

    I am getting ALL of my costs returned.

    It's not a quick process but it is relatively simple.

    Do not accept that you have to pay to get your car fixed under warranty. You have a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty. It is NOT a paint problem paint DOES NOT corrode. As long as there is no external damage to the affected area you are in the right.

    All of you who have paid a contribution towards your repair look into your rights & see if you can claim your payments back.

  10. #689
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    184
    Congrats! Glad it all worked out in the end

  11. #690
    rhys1210's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fareham
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpawsey View Post
    Hi guys.

    Good news!!!

    After quite a drawn out process I have finally got everything I wanted (short of a new vehicle).

    My car is being repaired at a bodyshop of my choosing - NOT an Audi Dealership and Audi are settling the invoice directly.

    I am getting ALL of my costs returned.

    It's not a quick process but it is relatively simple.

    Do not accept that you have to pay to get your car fixed under warranty. You have a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty. It is NOT a paint problem paint DOES NOT corrode. As long as there is no external damage to the affected area you are in the right.

    All of you who have paid a contribution towards your repair look into your rights & see if you can claim your payments back.
    Have you got anyone to contact within audi uk to ask about claiming contributions back?
    2003 S3 BAM 225 Dolphin grey, Silk Nappa Leather, Bose, Cruise control.

    Mods; custom code stage 1, S3 8P gear knob, pipercross panel filter, APR diverter valve, Forge TIP, Powerflex bushes, R32 rear anti roll bar, spacers F 15mm R 20mm, haldex race controller, Bilstein b12 pro kit, Porsche 996 turbo brakes.

  12. #691
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpawsey View Post
    Hi guys.

    Good news!!!

    After quite a drawn out process I have finally got everything I wanted (short of a new vehicle).

    My car is being repaired at a bodyshop of my choosing - NOT an Audi Dealership and Audi are settling the invoice directly.

    I am getting ALL of my costs returned.

    It's not a quick process but it is relatively simple.

    Do not accept that you have to pay to get your car fixed under warranty. You have a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty. It is NOT a paint problem paint DOES NOT corrode. As long as there is no external damage to the affected area you are in the right.

    All of you who have paid a contribution towards your repair look into your rights & see if you can claim your payments back.
    This is awesome news. I have just had mine done on the 70/30 deal, but very interested to hear how you would go about claiming money back (I'm actually yet to pay Audi for my repairs)

  13. #692
    snowball1969's Avatar
    1st Gear
    Mission To Mars Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Corsham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    112
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 2002 A3

    DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; bubbling on both roof rails (on roof inside of the rails)

    TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; 1month

    HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 1 month

    DEALER APPROACHED; Mann Chippenham

    OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED); Refused full claim, 70/30 offered in my favour.price tbc

    REASON FOR REFUSAL; Reason was that vehicle service was more than more than 3 years since Audi had service. I made the comment that when the car was serviced by Audi there is no evidence that they have completed corrosion checks in service history or details on the invoice provided.

    DATE OF CLAIM; 16th May 2012

    I am planning to accept the 70/30 as its better than nothing after all the car is 10 years old


  14. #693
    knoxie's Avatar
    K4OXE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    harlow, essex
    Posts
    619
    HOME TOWN; harlow, essex
    YEAR AND VEHICLE MODEL; 02 S3
    DETAILS OF RUST FOUND; outer side of roof rails
    TIME TO WARRANTY CLAIM FROM FIRST NOTICING IT; 2 weeks
    HOW LONG YOU HAD OWNED THE VEHICLE AT THIS TIME; 6 months ish
    DEALER APPROACHED; audi chingford
    OUTCOME (APPROVED, REFUSED) refused
    REASON FOR REFUSAL; my car is an import, its nearly 11 years old so why are you even bothered, words from the warranty person.

    not happy with the way it was handled i got straight onto head office made a serious complaint, demanded to speak to someone in charge to get answers to why i had been looked down apon, why have a 12 year warranty if they are not going to bother with it after 10 years ect ect, head office said i will hear from them within a few days, had a phone call back saying go back to chingford, as the manger would be personally deal with me...
    so i went back went through the motions of picture taking ect, i was polite at all times!!

    a week later it had been approved on the 70/30 deal
    i had it done cost me 350 with a weeks car hire

    DATE OF CLAIM: may/june 2012
    Silver S3 02 AMK
    !!!!STANDARD S3 EXHAUST FOR SALE!!!!
    PM FOR DETAILS
    click here for
    IN AND AROUND THE M25 RING MEETS

  15. #694
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys1210 View Post
    Have you got anyone to contact within audi uk to ask about claiming contributions back?
    It wasn't as easy as that I'm afraid. I was stonewalled by Audi and ended up going through the courts to get a solution.

    I won't say for a minute that I too the perfect route to get my resolution, but it did work for me.

    The place to start is with these guys

    Legal Department
    Volkswagen Group United Kingdom
    Yeomans Drive
    Blakelands
    Milton Keynes
    MK14 5AN

    I wrote to them giving them the chance to re-consider their decision and informing them that I would take it further if neccessary.

    This is a good reference for the small claims proccess

    Small claims

    Good luck & let me know if I can help.

  16. #695
    rhys1210's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fareham
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpawsey View Post
    It wasn't as easy as that I'm afraid. I was stonewalled by Audi and ended up going through the courts to get a solution.

    I won't say for a minute that I too the perfect route to get my resolution, but it did work for me.

    The place to start is with these guys

    Legal Department
    Volkswagen Group United Kingdom
    Yeomans Drive
    Blakelands
    Milton Keynes
    MK14 5AN

    I wrote to them giving them the chance to re-consider their decision and informing them that I would take it further if neccessary.

    This is a good reference for the small claims proccess

    Small claims

    Good luck & let me know if I can help.
    Thanks im currently in talks with audi uk as my rear quaters need doing a 3rd time as the paint shop cant seem to paint.

    So trying to get them to refund me due to this. But if not i shall try this.
    2003 S3 BAM 225 Dolphin grey, Silk Nappa Leather, Bose, Cruise control.

    Mods; custom code stage 1, S3 8P gear knob, pipercross panel filter, APR diverter valve, Forge TIP, Powerflex bushes, R32 rear anti roll bar, spacers F 15mm R 20mm, haldex race controller, Bilstein b12 pro kit, Porsche 996 turbo brakes.

  17. #696
    Gops's Avatar
    6th gear @7000rpm

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,631
    Copied from my thread -

    Hi all!

    First of all i dont like Audi's customer service!! Crap! But basically I've started to get some bubbling on the drivers side front wheel arch. Its about 2 inches and it curls towards the inside of the arch too. I went to audi who sent me to listers repair centre who said it may not be covered due to external perforation but he will try and see what he can do, now I asked if audi would be nice and just do it to which he replied "no because of the age and mileage of the car, audi will NOT do a good will gesture but i will try and see what i can do"

    I recieved a call today from Neil in coventry Listers repair centre who said its definately "external perforation" (just from looking at it) and its not covered in waranty although audi will do a good will and pay 70% to which i will have to pay the remaining 30% which is est £150!!! And thats only for repair, if a new wing is needed then it will be considerably more! I argued and said its internal perforation as the metal itself has bubbled (asked a paint expert at work and a good friend of mine) which has expanded the paint out that has caused bubbling.. Now im sick of arguing with him and want to talk to audi.. Do you guys think i have a case and is there anyone in particular that i should speak to? I need to speak to reading audi's business area manager due to my sisters car being miss-sold, do you think i should mention it to him or just Audi's (useless) customer service department?

    Let me know your thoughts!

    Many thanks

    Gops
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

  18. #697
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,411
    Gops, just wanted to let you know that bantam1, who originally started this thread, is the original owner of your S3, who put all the suspension and ARBs on it!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  19. #698
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    30
    Hi I'm currently going through the process of putting my claim through and it's been declined due to "Audi stopping this type of repair"
    This really annoyed me as I've worked in bodyshops for years and it clearly is a problem!
    Does anybody have a copy or know the where abouts of the document which is given to the Audi paint and body techs to carry out the repairs?
    Ive got the service manager and Audi customer services coming back to me tomorrow with an explanation of why theve declined the claim and I would love some ammunition to reply with!
    Thanks

  20. #699
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by D11nyd View Post
    Hi I'm currently going through the process of putting my claim through and it's been declined due to "Audi stopping this type of repair"
    This really annoyed me as I've worked in bodyshops for years and it clearly is a problem!
    Does anybody have a copy or know the where abouts of the document which is given to the Audi paint and body techs to carry out the repairs?
    Ive got the service manager and Audi customer services coming back to me tomorrow with an explanation of why theve declined the claim and I would love some ammunition to reply with!
    Thanks
    Do you mean the roof rails?
    Ask admin to advertise here

  21. #700
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    30
    Hi yeah the roof rail corrosion
    I work for landrover and we have "tsbs" technical service bulletins which we get of landrover to carry out warranty work etc
    audi will have a similar document for bosyshops to follow for the repair process
    has anybody ever seen or know of anything similar out there?

  22. #701
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    RETFORD, NOTTS
    Posts
    1,748
    I recently went into donacaster audi.
    Bubbling only on the passenger roof, no broken paint, and paint thickness good.
    Car is 10 years old. Claim 09/12.

    I was promised all the paperwork and the repair was approved within 3 days, with the 70/30 split. I need to pay £400.

    They argue that the complete roof needs to be painted, however Lincoln Audi could do the same job at there approved body shop for just £350+vat total!!!! Of course i have to pay that in full.

    If i had spoted it sooner and the damage only be 10mm in size, the same job still needs completing, the roof needs painting.

    I think they are peanalising me for not buying a new car. I dont understand how they can justify charging for the same job on an older car clearly in warrenty, yet would not charge if it was a yea old.


    D11nyd:

    That bulletin you talk about is in place, hence the complete roof on the roof rail bubbles needing painting. Will varify this when i see the documents there sending.

    Im still waiting for the paperwork to show the quotes, but im likely to just go ahead, id hate to have the paint damage worsen over winter.

  23. #702
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135
    PM sent
    Ask admin to advertise here

  24. #703
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135
    I don't see why you should pay a penny, Audi are bullying people into paying what I consider to be the full bill, 70/30 yeah right! 30% would cover the bill to Audi regardless. You try asking them to pay your choice of repairer the 30% of their estimate, the answer would be a big fat "NO!"
    Ask admin to advertise here

  25. #704
    phil miller's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    843
    i found this thread on sunday, ive owned an A3 2001 Y plate quattro for about 6 weeks, it has 90k on the clock and full history, my roof is rusty so i called Plymouth Audi, spoke to Ian who told me i would have to call in with it and he would take pics of the area and check paint depth then he said about water ingress and it prob wont be covered due to age, i replied with, Ive never know paint rust in my life and as my quattro doesnt have a sunroof it cant be blocked drains, i also added that a warrenty is just that, meaning you dont pay anything, he said to call in and altho the good will is 70% he will see what he can do, i did also mention that as my boss has just ordered an A5 sline from them it would be good if they would honor the warranty that Audi gave the car

    Gotta book some time off work to take it down now

  26. #705
    Gops's Avatar
    6th gear @7000rpm

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by D11nyd View Post
    Hi yeah the roof rail corrosionI work for landrover and we have "tsbs" technical service bulletins which we get of landrover to carry out warranty work etcaudi will have a similar document for bosyshops to follow for the repair processhas anybody ever seen or know of anything similar out there?
    Solihull? I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

  27. #706
    s3clarke's Avatar
    Money grabbing s3!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    671
    Does anybody know if the Audi garage in solihull has a body shop so i can take my audi to be looked at? only have a little bit of bubbling on the top of the quarter by the rail.

    if not that garage, were is best to take it?

    Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

  28. #707
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,411
    Quote Originally Posted by s3clarke View Post
    Does anybody know if the Audi garage in solihull has a body shop so i can take my audi to be looked at? only have a little bit of bubbling on the top of the quarter by the rail.

    if not that garage, were is best to take it?
    They don't have a bodyshop mate, they send it to somewhere in Coventry to get the work done. But they are very helpful for this type of warranty, sorted my car out with no issues, and did a good job too!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  29. #708
    s3clarke's Avatar
    Money grabbing s3!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    671
    thanks jojo, did you have to pay anything? shall i just turn up with the car and ask about the warrenty?

    cheers.

    Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

  30. #709
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,411
    Quote Originally Posted by s3clarke View Post
    thanks jojo, did you have to pay anything? shall i just turn up with the car and ask about the warrenty?

    cheers.
    Nothing bud, just turn up and be honest not expecting anything was my plan. I even told them one side of my car had been resprayed, but they repaired mine, so maybe I was lucky?



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  31. #710
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Nothing bud, just turn up and be honest not expecting anything was my plan. I even told them one side of my car had been resprayed, but they repaired mine, so maybe I was lucky?
    How long ago was this Jo? Not heard it being that easy for a good long while
    2001 AMK S3 in Goodwood Green

  32. #711
    s3clarke's Avatar
    Money grabbing s3!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Nothing bud, just turn up and be honest not expecting anything was my plan. I even told them one side of my car had been resprayed, but they repaired mine, so maybe I was lucky?
    humm, ok sounds like a plan
    its off the road till the end of the month but i will give it a good clean and take it down and like you excpect nothing and see what the out come is

    Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

  33. #712
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,411
    Quote Originally Posted by dancuz View Post
    How long ago was this Jo? Not heard it being that easy for a good long while
    4/5 years ago, I remember my car was 7 years old at the time, it's a 99' model. I knew I had one side painted after being carkeyed, and I turned up fully modified with 19" rims, Brembos, remap and suspension etc., not even full dealer service history! The guy came down stairs and measure paint thickness and everything, then said he will get back to me. 2 weeks later, my car had new paint on the roof and rails!

    Before



    After



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  34. #713
    B1GW1L's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Waterlooville, Nr Portsmouth
    Posts
    98
    Hey Guys i have this sort of bubbling on several places and ive been asked to take it for assessment, does anyone know if you have to pay for assessment im guessing it being the main dealer you will?

  35. #714
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,411
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GW1L View Post
    Hey Guys i have this sort of bubbling on several places and ive been asked to take it for assessment, does anyone know if you have to pay for assessment im guessing it being the main dealer you will?
    It should be free, it was when I turned up!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  36. #715
    MingeBlue's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    112
    Just noticed the rust on mine passenger side roof bit on the outside of the drainage rail, approx 10-12cam in length of bubbling, just called 'Amersham Audi', they knew of the issue and Im waiting for the body shop to call back. Problem is the body shop is in Milton Keynes miles from Amersham and I work in London during day so unless they come to my house when Im not there I cant see how they will look at it.

    Frigging Audi, I recon now my car must of had 'every' common A3 8L fault, apart from a cambelt snapping.
    2002 A3 1.8T

  37. #716
    MingeBlue's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quick question on the rust I've got on the 1 roof rail, to be honest I'm not particually bothered about a spot on job as the car has a few dints, scratches etc already as you would expect for a 10 year old car. I am planning though to keep the car another 2 years, the roof rail rust once spotted how quickly does it tend to progress ? Also if I just go to my local cheapo body shop for the rust on the roof rails could they just get away with a localised repair and overall is this something I could get done pretty cheap £100-£150 ? I'm not bothered about an A1 match etc just don't want to end up with a hole where the rust is, currently its just bubbling about 10cm long, the paint has not broken yet.

    cheers
    2002 A3 1.8T

  38. #717
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135

    Anti-corrosion warranty results - Please post here

    ^^^ Yeah, I'm sure if you look around enough you'd be able to find someone to do a cheap crappy repair for that sort of money, but I expect you'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel of quality ;-)
    Ask admin to advertise here

  39. #718
    MingeBlue's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    ^^^ Yeah, I'm sure if you look around enough you'd be able to find someone to do a cheap crappy repair for that sort of money, but I expect you'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel of quality ;-)
    What Im trying to figure out is whether its worth the hassle and cost of get Audi to do it vs just getting my own repair. I've spoke to 3 Audi dealerships now and ALL have said the best I will get is 70% of the cost by Audi as good will, so we are talking circa £350, getting my car to an Audi dealership is major pain in the ass, but I have a local smart repair place who I believe could do it.
    2002 A3 1.8T

  40. #719
    MingeBlue's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GW1L View Post
    Hey Guys i have this sort of bubbling on several places and ive been asked to take it for assessment, does anyone know if you have to pay for assessment im guessing it being the main dealer you will?
    How did it go for you, Ive spoken to 3 London based dealers and all giving me the line that best I will get is 70% gw from Audi.
    2002 A3 1.8T

  41. #720
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by MingeBlue View Post
    What Im trying to figure out is whether its worth the hassle and cost of get Audi to do it vs just getting my own repair. I've spoke to 3 Audi dealerships now and ALL have said the best I will get is 70% of the cost by Audi as good will, so we are talking circa £350, getting my car to an Audi dealership is major pain in the ass, but I have a local smart repair place who I believe could do it.
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from but it isn't a SMART repair kind of job, it's a bodyshop job requiring the rust to be ground out before a repair can begin, if you do go the SMART route, it will be a bodge, I'm in the SMART repair business (PDR) and I wouldn't trust this type of repair, BUT what I would do is rather give £350 to another bodyshop to do a proper job and not put it into Audi's pocket with their over inflated repair price as I suspect that 30% would cover their actual costs anyway.
    Ask admin to advertise here

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. *Update* Audi 12 year Anti-Corrosion Warranty.
    By jojo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 18th August 2007, 13:47
  2. anti corrosion warranty
    By yendall24 in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th March 2007, 21:18
  3. Anti corrosion warranty
    By rodenal in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 6th March 2007, 23:09
  4. Anyone claimed on the 10 year anti corrosion warranty?
    By Markb in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th March 2005, 23:44
  5. Anti-corrosion warranty
    By [Dave B] in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th March 2003, 17:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO