AMD REMAP - Boost question

jayfrts

bouncing off the limiter!!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know the boost increase for a remapped A3T by AMD?

Just wondering if its worth while fitting a boost gauge!

Thanks

Jason

I thought the AMD solution was a custom remap ? Therefore isn't it like asking how longs a piece of string ?

[ QUOTE ]
jayfrst said:
Does anyone know the boost increase for a remapped A3T by AMD?

Just wondering if its worth while fitting a boost gauge!

Thanks

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe its a 1bar chip!

Rich

I know it's custom but they must have a boundry to which they work too. So now i'm gonna order a nice Greddy Boost gauge!

Thanks

Jay

Waiting to see how long it takes for the post above to be removed.

oh is that right?!?!

Thats interesting to know! The car does seem fine though, i booked it with them as i was told it was a 3hr REMAP! if i'd of know that i would of gone for the Jabba option.

IMO AMD must use a generic set of code, and if no problems then thats what you get. I mean what can they change? Maybe the timing needs pulling back or advancing a little, but thats got to be about it

Dunc

Just got back from the re performance rolling road day and a boost gauge was hooked up to my car while it was on there , its a 99 A3 quattro and it was sustaining 1.35bar and peaking at 1.5 , coulndt belive it , good job ive got a few ausi-sport witnesses cause i woulnt have believed it myself ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
how longs a piece of string ?

[/ QUOTE ]

A piece of string is exactly twice the distance from the centre to the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif