Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

over revving between gears issue

Hi all,

Lots of old posts about this in the search but it all seems to have not found a conclusion.

I have this problem and as far as i can tell, there are a few options:

Clutch Switch - Swapped this but no change

Symptom of a remapped car? - Rang the tuner but they deny this and suggest...

Air leak? where? Needle in haystack!

MAF sensor?

Anyone got any ideas or definate places to look? I notice it happens slightly if you accellerate but instead of dipping the clutch just back off the throttle too

Cheers
    Ian
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Could it not be a sign the clutch is slipping!
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

1st Gear

Status
    Have you checked the clutch switch is actually pressed in by the clutch. It may be missing it?

5th Gear

Status
    Yep checked the clutch switch engages correctly.

It can't be clutch slip as its a definate rev rise as you dip the clutch. Clutch slip would only happen under power etc etc. Two very different things

It sounds like a common fault but there is no definate solution!

Will investigate the MAF and air leak ideas
    AUTOMAP

www.eliteremaps.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ianysm View Post
    Hi all,

Lots of old posts about this in the search but it all seems to have not found a conclusion.

I have this problem and as far as i can tell, there are a few options:

Clutch Switch - Swapped this but no change

Symptom of a remapped car? - Rang the tuner but they deny this and suggest...

Air leak? where? Needle in haystack!

MAF sensor?

Anyone got any ideas or definate places to look? I notice it happens slightly if you accellerate but instead of dipping the clutch just back off the throttle too

Cheers
    Ian
    Mine did it is yours an electronic accelerator? mine is. Is done by a switch cost about 14 or 12 from Awesome Gti. If this switch sticks when changing gears your car still revs. Mine use to red line sometimes when i was changing gear. Aparantly if it sticks your clutch doesnt release properly etc. Ring them tell them your problem they will sort you out in mins. Less than 20 and take 5 10 mins to change it.
    Nogaro Blue 2001 S3 Quattro, Cream leather interior. Miltek Cat back, Induction kit, KO4 Hybrid Turbo, Chipped Remap, Power Boost Valve, Forge RC DV, Compbrake Racing 4 Pot Calipers with 2piece 350x32mm Conversion Front, 2 piece 330x20mm Compbrake Conversion on Back, Discs are Powervane Racing Rotors Gas slotted and internally veined. Hawk Hps Pads, Goodridge Braided lines to Calipers. Bose Symphony sound system. Compbrake Quickshift and side shift. Big thanks to www.Vagperformance.co.uk

5th Gear

Status
    Many thanks for the info. So you're suggesting a switch on the accellerator?

Yes i think it is wire throttle as its a 51 plate car

Cheers
    AUTOMAP

www.eliteremaps.com

1st Gear

Status

Cheers
    Yes definat mine July 01 plate. Give Awesome a quick ring you could prob have it tomorrow. Mine reved like mad in between changing gears couldn't understand it but changing the little switch fixed it. They changed the switch for me prob 5 mins it took them they said it's common to stick causing over revving etc. Common on R32 so they said.
    Nogaro Blue 2001 S3 Quattro, Cream leather interior. Miltek Cat back, Induction kit, KO4 Hybrid Turbo, Chipped Remap, Power Boost Valve, Forge RC DV, Compbrake Racing 4 Pot Calipers with 2piece 350x32mm Conversion Front, 2 piece 330x20mm Compbrake Conversion on Back, Discs are Powervane Racing Rotors Gas slotted and internally veined. Hawk Hps Pads, Goodridge Braided lines to Calipers. Bose Symphony sound system. Compbrake Quickshift and side shift. Big thanks to www.Vagperformance.co.uk

1st Gear

Status

Cheers
    Yours will be electronic accelerator like mine. Early ones are cable. The cable ones can use a dump valve ours need a recirculating valve for the car to run properly

5th Gear

Status
    But this is an 'accellerator switch' not a 'clutch switch'???
    AUTOMAP

www.eliteremaps.com

5th Gear

Status
    Spoke to Awesome. They say the throttle switch is incorporated into the pedal and requires an entire pedal. They also said this isn't normally the cause.

Possibly the DV or clutch switch. DV was changed with remap 3 months ago and clutch switch yesterday!

The plot thickens...
    AUTOMAP

www.eliteremaps.com

1st Gear

Status
    But this is an 'accellerator switch' not a 'clutch switch'???
    As far as i believe from what they said. Give them a bell and just say my car keeps revving in between gear change they will know straight away what it is.
    http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/

1st Gear

Status
    Spoke to Awesome. They say the throttle switch is incorporated into the pedal and requires an entire pedal. They also said this isn't normally the cause.

Possibly the DV or clutch switch. DV was changed with remap 3 months ago and clutch switch yesterday!

The plot thickens...
    Ring John at Awesome say to him Brent said to call you and say that your car is doing what mine did. Revs increasing during gear change. He sorted me out with the switch.

1st Gear

Status

The plot thickens...
    Missed the clutch switch bit even tho its new it could still be faulty just ring him and pick his brain lol