Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

my S3 & standard 1.8T\'s

Wondering if anyone can help. The engine noise on my S3 seems louder than my mates A4 1.8T and golf 1.8t when it's idle and running. Is this normal?? Can it be the MAF??

Cheers rav.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: my S3 & standard 1.8T\'s

The S3 engine is noisier than the standard 1.8T, which I'm assuming is because the S3 is really a tractor [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's normally that the 210/225 engines are nosier on startup but then quieten down once warmed up, but generally I think the injectors are slightly noisier.

Neutral

Status

Interesting point rav and one I was wondering on Saturday when out in my mates A4 1.8T.

Mine is only a Quattro and not the S3, but it's noticably noisier than the A4. I would even say the A4 sounded a lot smoother too under acceleration.

Any thoughts anyone..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Ben

5th Gear

Status

Hey guys, could this be something as simple as less sound deadening under the hood [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Hey guys, could this be something as simple as less sound deadening under the hood [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the A4 has anymore than the S3....definately more than the non-exsitant A3 sound deadening though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

WHY does the S3 sound like a Tractor when its cold? anyone knows? It sometimes almost sounds like a Diesel! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

I heard the Cooper S's has some kind of resonance-box attached to their exhaust. I wonder what a box like that would do for a S3... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]