MAF readings too low?

goldy1234

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have Audi a3 1.8t AGU 98', and I got a remap to around 185hp. Yesterday I use VAG-COM to see MAF reading and I found out:

best till 6000 rpm is 125 g/s
best till 7000 rpm is 135 g/s

It's this too low? Should I change MAF, maybe lambda, maybe coils?
btw I get no faulty codes on VAG, just curious

I would look at changing the MAF yes, use a genuine one though, you will have nothing but problems with cheap clones. Your MAF reading ATM is around 170 bhp ish

who else is measured MFA reading with a3 1.8t remaped/standard?
please post here for comparison...

I also ask one company who do the chip mods and the guy told me that I should get higher readings (150-160g/s). He said that the cause could be: boost leak, maf sensor, weak turbo

I'm fighting a losing battle with an oil leak at the mo, but if i get a chance tonight i'll log my readings.

I would look at changing the MAF yes, use a genuine one though, you will have nothing but problems with cheap clones. Your MAF reading ATM is around 170 bhp ish

just curious what formula you are using to get bhp figures?

right then, ive just logged a max reading of 131.73 g/s at 6280 rpm, i think yours it too low considering your remap. deff get a new maf, chuffed with mine though 164.6 horses.

there must be something wrong yes.
I also go with my friend who got also a3 1.8t stock and the maf readings were around 120 g/s.

One more question: Should I change complete MAF sensor with housing or just that little piece which is actually only the sensor?

its this MAF ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-SKODA-MAF-SENSOR-037906461C-037-906-461-C_W0QQitemZ140307479706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20aafa3c9a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

^^ I agree with 1animal1 totally. I went through 3 cheapies and they all exibited different characteristics. Whilst probably ok on a non chipped car, stay away and get one form Audi around £70 exchange iirc

but this is the right code: 037-906-461-C just like I need? It's fake then anyway?

Then how should I know that I won't get fake MAF on Audi Servis?

you have to buy from a dealer..... they will swap it for you for around £70-£80

what else should I check to feel al my horsepower

yesterday I have problem, my car just died in the crossroad and I didn't manage to turn it on again. After 1 hour I tried again and it was started normally. The I connect in on vagcom and see error:
16706 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal
P0322 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

but this probably has nothing with my lack of power?

Crank sensor going down too. Might want to replace that, as when it fails the car dies, no limp mode, just dead. It "may " have a bearing on it, but it's more than likely unrelated and co incedence tbh

OK I need QUICK OPINION!

I must buy crank sensor! Should I buy original for 120 eur or fake for 45 eur?

I have problem removing the old sensor! What tool should I use because its very hard to get it out! Shoud I approach from top or bottom of the car?

i undid the bolt by putting my arms down through the engine, i then had to approach from underneath to get it out, took ages and had to prize it out with a flat blade screwdriver..... right pain in the A**e

make sure you buy origianl id say after my experiance

uff I finally managed to get out the sensor... I used tongs and I had to pull realy hard to got it out. The fitting of new one was very easy.

Hi,
Did you solved your problem with new MAF? I have exactly the same scenario with my chipped AGU with maf maximum value 138 mg/s.

Thanks