Am I mad? 350z..

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
Been seriously thinking about swapping my current steed for a Nissan 350z /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Reckon I can get a barely ran in 350z quite easily and swap it for the S3 and cash. Thereby getting myself a 3.5v6, brembo brakes and most importantly a real chance of hitting 300bhp!
I was planning to spend a ££££ on brakes and maybe wheel, but thought maybe it'd be better and more economical to get a 2nd hand 350.

Am I mad? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

what sort of money will you be able to get for your S3?. sounds like an idea. Just had a look at the 350z website, look lovely inside. Exterior also good. Performance even better.

2yrs 25k miles so 18-19K

Add a few thousand and bobs your uncle.

Was worried about performance though. 350z weighs over 1500kilos...

But the nismo performance packs sound awesome. None of the body kits, just uplifted engine parts & exhaust means 300bhp is a reality.

Certianly not mad, I'd take one without hesitation I think, and whilst yes the badge does not bring thoughts of great interiors, it does bring good performance ad fantastic handling.....do it.

Not at all mad, I'm in the process of swapping my 1.8T for a 350Z.

Seems I'm not alone, the dealers reckoned it was one of the more common cars that people had swapped from.

And whilst yes it is a Nissan and the interior is not quite to the quality that Audi can produce it's still a lot of car for that money.

I like these 350Z's too, but since seeing a Mazda display in town on Saturday I also am starting to like the RX8 a lot..........thinking of getting one!

You are not mad Lee, they are a lovely motor. But the only (major) thing that would put me off one is that I currently live at the petrol station now in my S3 (will be getting a personal pump soon!) and imagine what it would be like with a 3.5 V6!!! You know you would not be driving that like miss daisy...

Thats why I got rid of my 2.8 V6 Golf, it ate the petrol (average 20-23mpg) and with the miles I do just going to and from work it was costing me a fortune!

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
The motivating factor in purchasing the 350z... Sorry but this has to be watched.. Right clck and save as..

350z nismo s-tune fly by..

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! sounds lovely!!..I take it THAT Z has a little more than the nismo body kit fitted?
Remember watching a race on a japanese circuit with a standard Z versus boxter, M3, S2000, and a couple of others.....
The Z won followed pretty closely by the M3 and the boxter was half a lap behind with driver cursing the car!!!

It was over 3 laps i think.

Has anyone got any more links to the Nissan Z in action?
Cheers
Danny

EVO mag reckon a alpine blast averaged 25mpg in the 350z! Imagine that I am hard pushed to get 26mpg in normal every day driving.

Out of interest what are you getting James?

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
Was worried about performance though. 350z weighs over 1500kilos...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but its power/weight is pretty good (better than TTV6, its F to B weight Ratio is near 50/50.

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
But the nismo performance packs sound awesome. None of the body kits, just uplifted engine parts & exhaust means 300bhp is a reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get your info about this because at the moment theres just the aero (Nismo) kit upgrade, Stainless exhaust and 19"Nismo rims?

Last thing do you know if the optional sat-nav + dash mounted screen will play reg-2 dvd's?

Cheers
Danny