EM TuningChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

Neuspeed 19mm Rear ARB for Audi TT

Im sure ive heard somewhere on here that this part will fit no problem onto the 8L S3. Does anyone actually have one of these fitted to confirm it fits ok? Pointless buying one otherwise! Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Brum brum

Status
    I've got the 22mm Neuspeed TT ARB fitted to my S3, so yes.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product...=3835&xSec=465
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_S3 View Post
    Im sure ive heard somewhere on here that this part will fit no problem onto the 8L S3. Does anyone actually have one of these fitted to confirm it fits ok? Pointless buying one otherwise! Thanks.
    Yes it fits. Just make sure it's for a TT Quattro and you should be good. Otherwise buy a TT Q arb. It's 19mm to and it's cheaper. I have that on my car.
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

Brum brum

Status
    The only problem with the OEM TT or R32 ones is that the plastic cover cracks over time and then you have an MOT failure. My R32 rear lasted just over 4 years. The Neuspeed stuff is lot better made.

I guess you need to weigh up how long you think you will keep the car for.
    Jason

1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    The only problem with the OEM TT or R32 ones is that the plastic cover cracks over time and then you have an MOT failure. My R32 rear lasted just over 4 years. The Neuspeed stuff is lot better made.

I guess you need to weigh up how long you think you will keep the car for.
    Which plastic cover are we talking about...? Agree that Neuspeed are top of the notch, amoungst the best out there!

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Moeller View Post
    Which plastic cover are we talking about...? Agree that Neuspeed are top of the notch, amoungst the best out there!
    The bar itself is covered in a plastic paint type coating. Over time, where the bar passes through the bushes, the plastic coating wears/breaks and the metal inside starts to corrode. Then the corrosion starts to lift the rest of the plastic coating and you fail your MOT.

It's a design fault!
    Jason

2nd Gear

Status
    Aaah I see. Seem to remember some black coating yeah...Ok, won't on the car 4 years from now hehe anyways MOT ain't really a problem as I know the garage where I do the MOT's on the family cars..

Thanks for clearing it up!