Juddering Tickover..................

robjsinc

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum so before I start just wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone who takes the time to help me out.

I bought an Audi A3 1998 1.8SE a while back and recently it has started to judder on tickerover (sorry if this question has been asked before).

The judder cannot be felt at any other time appart from while idle. The needle doesnt hunt around it stays almost static but does move slightly on the dial. Recently had a timing belt change as the old one snapped, dont know if this could cause an issue.

Also on occasions when accelarting from idle I heard a kind of spring (going boing for want of a better word). Only in first from 0 mph.........

Anyone have any experience of either of these issues?

Again any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Hi and welcome, The dodgy idle could be the temp sensor....Does the car warm up to 90c and stay at 90c all the time wast running? Not sure on the dodgy noise tho.

Thanks for posting Hodge.

Dont think it is that - temperature has been fine - needle sticks staight up and doesnt move.

Also (should have said this before) no lights or warnings of any kind on dash.

Thanks

Rob

Ahh right definatly not the temp sensor then.....

Have you tryed using Vagcom? If not im sure theres someone in your area that will have it.... But like you said if theres no warning lights on the dash the Vagcom may not find the fault.
Another possibility would be the MAF.
I think theres a trick to see whether the MAF is nackerd but im not sure on what it include's.

It would sound like the Dual Mass Flywheel is worn out tbh. When the belt snapped i assume you had to have head work too?