AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

New member having a few problems!lol

i have joined this site because i heard i could get some good info..... i have an a3 1.8t thats a 1999 with its fair share of miles!lol
    iv just solved a problem with the boost because the wires had been pulled off the top of it ( aint a clue how it happend).but now i get a mad kind of grinding or wearing noise when the turbo kicks in at abt 2.1/2 thousand revs.
    its been remaped to 195bhp and goes like stink..... thers no boost problem of what i know of anymore but that noise is doing my head in!!!!
    any suggestions of what the problem could be would be much appreciated!!!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    not sure mate im sure someone will be around to help. welcomne to the site though
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CamsA3 20vT View Post
    iv just solved a problem with the boost because the wires had been pulled off the top of it ( aint a clue how it happend).but now i get a mad kind of grinding or wearing noise when the turbo kicks in at abt 2.1/2 thousand revs.
    What wires are you talking about?

the grinding noise is linked the turbo spooling up as you say it only does it around the rev band when the turbo kicks in.

Make sure you havent caught any wires near the actuator and also pull off the hose that goes into the centre of the turno and check the spool is clear.
    Was it ok before you re-attached "wires"?
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The only wires i can think of that may affect the turbo are the N75 wires, now with that connected it will boost past the default actuator setting of around 5psi . It's this thats causing the noise when the turbo is on boost i expect now it's trying to boost at say 15psi as it's chipped. Sounds like new turbo time