Best Panel Filter for S3

g10chy

Reaction score
Hey,

I am now a proud owner of a 2001 S3 and so far i am over the moon with it.

I am looking to fit an aftermarket panel filter and would like to know what everyone recommends on the forum.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello and Welcome to the site.

hello and welcome

standard panel is good for 300bhp

mine has a cotton green jobie... it came with the remap.
I looked at induction kits and got told... seat cupra race cars have standard airbox... so it must be better than the hot air sucking cone filters

pipercross panel filters are good

Dynatwist you mean? they are a cone filter with an alloy enclosure?? i would maybe think about that when the front mount is on so i can fit a cold air feed where the passenger side mount cooler would be.

as said standard filter is good enough but if you go for a aftermarket panel filter,go for a dry filter like Pipercross rather than a oiled filter or you could end up with MAF problems

Any news on the fmic paul?
Go for a ttda, i am once the fmic's fitted or should i say when i get one!

Yes and no dan
I need to meet with the lad i want to make the pipes... he is talking difrent numbers then we did when i asked about this kit.
I will keep you in the loop, Just with me doing work on my new engine ( stripping and cleaning before the rebuild im limited time wise )

Or yeah sorry mate forgot about all the trouble with the car.
Well just let me know what happens and you know where i am if you need my car for

Or yeah sorry mate forgot about all the trouble with the car.
Well just let me know what happens and you know where i am if you need my car for helping with the fabrication, testing etc.

yup its a weigh up between spending a few quid on a standard panel or a lot on say a K&N or pipercross.... question is are you going to change it that many times to make the cost up, id guess no in most scenarios

Nice one guys.

Im just looking to get abit more of an induction noise but dont want to mess around with induction kits when the standard airbox is sufficient. Does a pipercross or green cotton add any induction noise?

I have a k&n in mine and between 2 & 3k you do get more of induction noise but as stated no increase in hp.

Got the Neuspeed P-Flow kit and it looks alot better in the engine bay, DV sounds better and a nice little induction sound up to 3k untill the revo and miltek kick in :) But as said above only a very little differance in HP. Some say induction makes it slower but its actuly a little better and smoother in the rev range....

Near £200 after postage and VAT :(. I did find it for about £175 including VAT and postage but they had none in stock and i couldnt be ***** to wait.

Thats not that bad. When you dynoing the car to see what its making?

Hi
yes , that is the only kit they do
It has a cleaner it the kit , then just dont use the oil one
Or just go for the cleaner
The VAG ones are a dry filter , but you can use the oil IF you want
Sarah