Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
...notice the announcement:

Hi All,

Just a quick note to make you aware that Audi-Sport.net is scheduled to move to a new, updated, higher-performance platform in the next few days.

As part of the move, the site will need to be taken offline for short periods (likely a total of 4-6 hours). We will try to give as much advance notice as possible before this happens, but it may not always be necessary.

Please bear with us while we perform this work, the result will be well worth it. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

You can call the Highways Agency on 08457 50 40 30 - I don't know why you'd want to, as it's nothing to do with them, but it seems like the type of thing I'm supposed to finish with...

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

Lmao, i like that.
So will thesite be down daily other the next few weeks?

The plan is for us to take it down once while we sort out the database, but there may be a few little creases to iron-out which might need a few minutes downtime here and there.

As above, we'll try to give as much information as possible. There is still the potential for the old box to fall over (as it likes to now and then) before the move's complete - but we'll try to prevent this as much as we can.

In summary: No, unless something goes drastically wrong, we're hoping to avoid considerable/regular downtime.

Cheers,

Rob.