New ears and bigger brakes & upgrades

Purple Princess

Reaction score
:thumbsup:After 4 long hours of cleaning and clay-baring and polishing and waxing, I decided to put on my new ears (chrome mirrors) and the 312mm brakes. Im soo chuffed with the car now she is really getting there. What do you all think??
100_3517-1.jpg

100_3516.jpg

100_3503.jpg

100_3515.jpg

Nice! Wish my was that clean. How are you getting on with the bigger brakes? I'll be upgrading mine to 312mm in the next couple of weeks.

Looks really good Stace. Even better than in the photo's. Just got make it quicker than Marks and job done LOL

wnjukNice! Wish my was that clean. How are you getting on with the bigger brakes? I'll be upgrading mine to 312mm in the next couple of weeks.

To be honest they were only put on last night and ive only driven 40ish miles so a bit early to tell. Im sure they will be no worse though! The only reason I got bigger ones is to fill the gap in my wheels!! My old ones looked like tea plates Lol:blush:

mac1403Looks really good Stace. Even better than in the photo's. Just got make it quicker than Marks and job done LOL

Hummmm lets not go there Lol :shutup2:

good finish that, that colour looks fantastic in the sun after all that effort....nice work!.

What you want now is some nice Eibach Pro springs to go with those S3 dampers Mark has lying about ;P

<tuffty/>

Very nice having seeing in the flesh pictures was sceptical when i first saw the bumper in silver. :arco:

Ye great looking bumper with the side grills. Im going to use some of the tips you gave me earlier about how you clean your, paint looks mint

Stace, that looks mint, well done, really brings the colour of the car out :)

Well done.

Stacie you didnt just buy a rear bumper or sideskirts for your A3 of eBay recently did you?
If so its going down to the post office thisafternoon :)

Thanks for all your comments. Jojo you cheeky git. I dont think ive ever seen yours clean lmao!
It took me about 4 hours to complete it all. Rinse then Maguires clay bar. Rinse then foam, wash with the mit and soap whilst the foam is on, foam again leave 5 mins then rinse, Blackfires wet finnish all diamond paint protection(polish) then blackfire midnight shine carnuber(sp?) wax. Now at GTI all I need to do is quick detailer LALALALALA!

S3 HODGE....Yes I did chum :) I brought the side skirts already got a bumper woop looking for to getting them tahnks!!

Ahh cool, Yea there the skirts to match your front bumper because i had the same on my old A3 :)
I never put the skirts or rear bumper on so theve sat in the spare room for almost a year now! :( But there on the way to you soon and ill get to see them at inters :)

Slight update, fitted some much lower milage S3 shocks and Eibach springs to her today, not rediculously low but nice.
before
100_3524.jpg

After
100_3531.jpg

and also had a look at fitting some shiny bits too
100_3532.jpg

Is that a fmic i spy ???? looks very low down to be the rad.... if it is.... as a fellow TQS owner i need details , pics and prices.. :blackrs4:

Yup :D FMIC for meee!!(im not spoilt just well looked after!) The IC is second hand of my mate (new never fitted!) just got to buy the pipes which will be about £60ish. Its not on as yet because I have not got the pipes, however watch this space ;):eyebrows:

:)
And pictures when the skirts are on

Looking good tho.

I satin'd the S3 grille section to match the Satin lower grilles.The S3 surround was already black.
100_3537.jpg

Tweaked the S4 grilles for a better fit
100_3538.jpg

Mounted the S3 Fogs too
100_3539.jpg

how does she ride now, compared to the original shocks and springs?

just seen the new pics awesome!

More goodies

Sold some bits on the bay to pay for these pretty bits.
100_3549.jpg

100_3553.jpg

And yes i know it needs an exhaust, hoping to fit an S3 one on there before GTi
100_3554.jpg

The only thing we are not sure of is the colour match on the skirts, as form some angles its perfect and from other a different shade all together, god damned mica/pearl paints,lol
100_3551.jpg

And yes i know it needs an exhaust, hoping to fit an S3 one on there before GTi
100_3554.jpg

hummmm... it just so happens I have a spare one I carry about in the boot as I travel to and from wales....

...nice shorts Mark ;P

<tuffty/>