Turbo Hose And Tip Removal!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Whats the best way to get to the turbo to remove the turbo hose and the tip?
Just had the strut brace off but was towing like hell to get to where the turbo hose and tip connect to the turbo.
Would it be best to remove the airbox and go in that way?

removing the turbo will help greatly and working from underneath

Cheers abdus.

Anyone done this from the top without getting under the car or removing the turbo?

well, getting under the car would be easier. There no need to remove the turbo

Didnt think you'd be able to get to it, so would it be best to jack the drivers side up then, would that allow me to get to the turbo hose aswell!

I removed the air box to do mine, not difficult and saves loads of time and hassle. That was on my car of course, not sure is non ESP cars are that much different.

IIRC you unscrew the top of the air box (as if changing the filter) making sure you have undo the TIP from the MAF. There are a couple of 10mm bolts holding the bottom half of the airbox on then there is loads of room to get your hand in (from the top) to the jubilee clip holding the TIP to the turbo.

<tuffty/>

I did mine from the top without needing to take airbox or turbo off lol
Easy realy

Paul was that for the tip or the turbo hose?

I removed the air box to do mine, not difficult and saves loads of time and hassle. That was on my car of course, not sure is non ESP cars are that much different.

IIRC you unscrew the top of the air box (as if changing the filter) making sure you have undo the TIP from the MAF. There are a couple of 10mm bolts holding the bottom half of the airbox on then there is loads of room to get your hand in (from the top) to the jubilee clip holding the TIP to the turbo.

<tuffty/>

Wish mine was going tobe that easy, mine non esp so im having to moify the pipes that connect to the tip.

What difference does the addition of the new TIP make out of interest?

Might consider changing mine (stage one car)

Just more free flowing and is ment to allow more air tobe pulled through by the turbo and looks cool haha.

you guys take off the strut/airbox and even turbo!!! haha....im with Paul, ive fitted 3 of the damn things now - armed with a wrench to undo the jubilees and a small screw driver to wrestle off the Audi clips..... simples

I assume it makes more difference on a mapped car than stock. I'm tempted!

na the only reason that most assume is due to the forge vid of one collapsing on a TT under load......thing is there was several redesigned OEM TIP's and mine for one was stronger than my silicone one.... i wouldnt pay full price for silicone jobby based on that fact (and i didnt)

Car made a bit more of a whoosh noise and thats all i can recall looking back,...... although the one i replaced had slight corrosion that would have caused an issue down the line

just removed the engine plastic cover..... and took it all to pieces from the top mate.... the hardest bit is undoing and retightening the TIP onto the turbo, if you get a small wrench with the right size bit you can feel around and sort it easy enough.... its a bit tiring on the backs of ya legs and your guaranteed to be walking funny for the following hour or so, but really is that simple

if ya strugglin ya can always bring it to me one evening mate, either that or i would imagine Paul would sort it for ya, takes about 30-40mins tops

Cheers pal, ill be ok doing it just wanted to know people's thoughts on the best way to get at it. Well got all my bits coming this week, turbo hose, catch tank etc etc cant wait :yahoo:.