R S4's a lot quicker than S3's ??

[ QUOTE ]
matt said:
in standard form ??
and once chipped what bhp / torque do S4's go up to ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there is a certain red S4 that frequents this board...owned by a certain mild mannered Doctor, who claims his S4 is standard.
If this is the case, then his 'standard' S4 is capable of humbling my 270+BHP / 300+lb-ft modified S3!

The said same 'standard' S4 is capable of running a 13.1 second standing quarter...read into that what you will...but if this particular vehicle is indeed standard, then S3s have very little chance against standard S4s...and absolutely no hope against chipped S4s.

S4 have twin turbo's so to the S3's single turbo I guess it kick's ****! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Well, there is a certain red S4 that frequents this board...owned by a certain mild mannered Doctor, who claims his S4 is standard.
If this is the case, then his 'standard' S4 is capable of humbling my 270+BHP / 300+lb-ft modified S3!

The said same 'standard' S4 is capable of running a 13.1 second standing quarter...read into that what you will...but if this particular vehicle is indeed standard, then S3s have very little chance against standard S4s...and absolutely no hope against chipped S4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I believe this was mentioned more that once on the Scottish meet, humbled perhaps only by a rather fast RS6....

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:
Should be no reason for a std S4 to be quicker than a chipped S3 IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct!
I think it's time our friends S4 was tested on the rollers...at least I'll start to sleep better!

After this weekends endevours, we have concluded that the allegedly standard S4 is indeed quicker off the mark than my tuned S3, quicker midrange than my S3 and faster top end also...and he was carrying a passenger!
Standard my ****!