Quickshift kits

Foodjunky

Snicker king
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these fitted to their s3's and if so is there much of a diference, or does anyone know of problems after fitting them?

there are quite a few different kits on the market!

I been told if you go to any Audi dealer and pick up a TT shifter that it reduces the throw by quite alot, havnt got round to it yet, but been told its a nice easy cheap mod.

Isnt that for the 5 speed box's though?

Dan, dont quote me on this but the TTs did come both in a 6speed and a 5 speed, and either way it shouldnt make a difference as its just the bracket to the linkage IIRC, its not like the selector etc..

should be fine, if someone does have the part no. that would be useful!

I've got a diesel geek short shift kit, definately reccomend getting one!

VAGTech fitted the HPA Short Shift to my S3 just after I got it (coming up for 3 years ago). One of the best mods on the car and I've had no problems with it.

the length of shift.....it makes it shorter.......:kiss:

it does Dani, straight replace....dioesnt reduce it as much as some short kits i understand but it does nevertheless shorten it quite a bit..... best wait for someone whos done it.....

I heard its there exactly the same piece fitted on the facelift S3 and the TT, is that not true then? (APS)

Well mines pre so should be reduce mine. Whats it like fitting it then?

Yeah it was the forge one I was looking at, did you fit your own Olly P?

Mine came with some comprehensive instructions, took 35 mins or so, fairly straight forward job tbh, I'm no mechanic!