Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Audi-sports own special child.

Status

The Cars Back And It's Like New

So dropped the car off this morning at 9am and picked it up at 4.45pm and it's amazing, it's like an entierly new car.
    The things that were done were new ARB bushes at the front, handbrake correcting and resetting, rear right abs sensor and the iceing on the cake, a powerflex dogbone mount.
    The handbrake now holds rock solid and doesn't allow the car to creap down hills, the bushes have stopped the constant banging and rattling from the drivers side, the abs sensor has stopped the abs light lighting up the dash but the main difference is the dogbone mount, its just amazing, the car feels so solid now, especialy the middle to rear, its just so solid on the road, completely transformed the car, reduced 1st,2nd and 3rd gear crunch by about 30-50%and 4th,5th and 6th are just so smooth (weren't that bad before).
    Overall the cars just so solid, less roll, less nice and less rolling downhills so bonus all round
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Much vibration now the dogbone mount is fitted? I hear conflicting stories about these and im still not sure on them

Status
    Not at all mate, worth every last penny, the conflicting stories are from people who use too hard a compound or over tighten.

S3

Status
    Which dogbone mount did you go for?

Status
    Powerflex, less then 20 from awesomegti.

Status
    Forgot to add, bracking efficiency's improved about 15-20%.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Its great when you get bits like that sorted out isnt it.

When I had all my suspension changed it was great because all the knocks and bangs were gone!.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    So dropped the car off this morning at 9am and picked it up at 4.45pm and it's amazing, it's like an entierly new car.
    The things that were done were new ARB bushes at the front, handbrake correcting and resetting, rear right abs sensor and the iceing on the cake, a powerflex dogbone mount.
    The handbrake now holds rock solid and doesn't allow the car to creap down hills, the bushes have stopped the constant banging and rattling from the drivers side, the abs sensor has stopped the abs light lighting up the dash but the main difference is the dogbone mount, its just amazing, the car feels so solid now, especialy the middle to rear, its just so solid on the road, completely transformed the car, reduced 1st,2nd and 3rd gear crunch by about 30-50%and 4th,5th and 6th are just so smooth (weren't that bad before).
    Overall the cars just so solid, less roll, less nice and less rolling downhills so bonus all round
    Well, Im convinced. Nice one Dan, I shall be getting one fitted shortly.
    Audi S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Its great when you get bits like that sorted out isnt it.

When I had all my suspension changed it was great because all the knocks and bangs were gone!.

T
    Ooh yes, the front end knocking was driving me up the wall

Status
    Gooood.

Only one problem with the car now, noticed the other day when it gets past 70-80mph it begins to vibrate to the point the sun visor actual vibrates but the steering wheel isnt that bad, still has negative feedback but not as bad as the sun visor haha.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Gooood.

Only one problem with the car now, noticed the other day when it gets past 70-80mph it begins to vibrate to the point the sun visor actual vibrates but the steering wheel isnt that bad, still has negative feedback but not as bad as the sun visor haha.
    Mine doesn't vibrate above 70 dude, and I have a Powerflex Dogbone mount too, it's pretty smooth all the way to 150(kph), so I would get your wheels checked out for balancing issues.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Is Was before the dogbone mount jojo.
    Think the tracking could be out because to drive in astraight line you have to offset the wheel to the right about 10 - 15 degrees.