The Cars Back And It's Like New

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So dropped the car off this morning at 9am and picked it up at 4.45pm and it's amazing, it's like an entierly new car.
The things that were done were new ARB bushes at the front, handbrake correcting and resetting, rear right abs sensor and the iceing on the cake, a powerflex dogbone mount.
The handbrake now holds rock solid and doesn't allow the car to creap down hills:lmfao:, the bushes have stopped the constant banging and rattling from the drivers side, the abs sensor has stopped the abs light lighting up the dash but the main difference is the dogbone mount, its just amazing, the car feels so solid now, especialy the middle to rear, its just so solid on the road, completely transformed the car, reduced 1st,2nd and 3rd gear crunch by about 30-50%and 4th,5th and 6th are just so smooth (weren't that bad before).
Overall the cars just so solid, less roll, less nice and less rolling downhills so bonus all round :yahoo:

Much vibration now the dogbone mount is fitted? I hear conflicting stories about these and im still not sure on them

Not at all mate, worth every last penny, the conflicting stories are from people who use too hard a compound or over tighten.

Powerflex, less then £20 from awesomegti.

Forgot to add, bracking efficiency's improved about 15-20%.

Its great when you get bits like that sorted out isnt it.

When I had all my suspension changed it was great because all the knocks and bangs were gone!.

T

So dropped the car off this morning at 9am and picked it up at 4.45pm and it's amazing, it's like an entierly new car.
The things that were done were new ARB bushes at the front, handbrake correcting and resetting, rear right abs sensor and the iceing on the cake, a powerflex dogbone mount.
The handbrake now holds rock solid and doesn't allow the car to creap down hills:lmfao:, the bushes have stopped the constant banging and rattling from the drivers side, the abs sensor has stopped the abs light lighting up the dash but the main difference is the dogbone mount, its just amazing, the car feels so solid now, especialy the middle to rear, its just so solid on the road, completely transformed the car, reduced 1st,2nd and 3rd gear crunch by about 30-50%and 4th,5th and 6th are just so smooth (weren't that bad before).
Overall the cars just so solid, less roll, less nice and less rolling downhills so bonus all round :yahoo:

Well, Im convinced. Nice one Dan, I shall be getting one fitted shortly.

:banghead:
Its great when you get bits like that sorted out isnt it.

When I had all my suspension changed it was great because all the knocks and bangs were gone!.

T

Ooh yes, the front end knocking was driving me up the wall

Gooood.

Only one problem with the car now, noticed the other day when it gets past 70-80mph it begins to vibrate to the point the sun visor actual vibrates but the steering wheel isnt that bad, still has negative feedback but not as bad as the sun visor haha.

Gooood.

Only one problem with the car now, noticed the other day when it gets past 70-80mph it begins to vibrate to the point the sun visor actual vibrates but the steering wheel isnt that bad, still has negative feedback but not as bad as the sun visor haha.

Mine doesn't vibrate above 70 dude, and I have a Powerflex Dogbone mount too, it's pretty smooth all the way to 150(kph), so I would get your wheels checked out for balancing issues.

Is Was before the dogbone mount jojo.
Think the tracking could be out because to drive in astraight line you have to offset the wheel to the right about 10 - 15 degrees.