Ferodo DS2500, where to buy??

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
Looking to buy a set of these pads but cant find them for sale anywhere?? Please can someone point me in the right direction, ie link

Also what discs would be best to buy to use with these pads??
Thanks in advance for any help :beerchug:

Ok mate i got mine frome here about 5-6 weeks ago,

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/ along with black diamond discs no problems and other people have used them here, the only niggle was my disc were not in stock but came a few days later, but good service and was told via emali that i will reiceve them a few days late, good service i thought , hope this helps

Ok mate i got mine frome here about 5-6 weeks ago,

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/ along with black diamond discs no problems and other people have used them here, the only niggle was my disc were not in stock but came a few days later, but good service and was told via emali that i will reiceve them a few days late, good service i thought , hope this helps

Sound job mate, do you think OEM discs will be alright or is it best to get an aftermarket set for these pads??

bought mine from same place: eurocarperformance

cant fault the price, but they didnt send the discs out until i phoned them up nearly a week later! apart from that, faultless.

Campbell

I got mine from Bill at Badger 5 (he's also occasionally on the forum as he has an S8)
http://www.badger5.co.uk/

I've got EBC Ultimax grooved discs (on Bill's recommendation) and DS2500's front and rear on mine.

worth getting the uprated discs IMO because the Ferrodos are a harder wearing pad and in my opinion you need harder wearing discs to get the most out this setup

I got mine from Bill at Badger 5 (he's also occasionally on the forum as he has an S8)

I've got EBC Ultimax grooved discs (on Bill's recommendation) and DS2500's front and rear on mine.

Got mine from Bill too... he usually keeps them in stock and cost just under £120 iirc...

<tuffty/>

Thanks guy for the advice. looking at the prices....
F**K me they are dear, :scared2: Is it worth paying ths sort of money for the pads and uprated discs? will it improve the breaking enough to bother or shall I just stay stock? IMO the standard breaks are *****!!

the standard brakes are really crap and you will see why if you get the uprated discs and Ferrodo pads! bit pricey (£300 approx for both) but i think it is worth it. Brakes can save your life. I should of uprated to above setup a long time ago.

Sound job mate, do you think OEM discs will be alright or is it best to get an aftermarket set for these pads??

Hi mate im no mechanic but im sure these pads create alot of heat, so not to sure, if the oem will warp im sure some 1 will be along soon to answer it, i got black diamond grooved, really good now,

bit pricey (£300 approx for both)

Yeah and I was looking at buying the rears aswell!!!:keule:

bit pricey (£300 approx for both)

Yeah and I was looking at buying the rears aswell!!!:keule:

I was told standard pads&discs are more than fine for rears, if you were considering uprated rear parts, as not much breaking is done at the back,

i think on OEM discs are more prone to warp, im a engineer by trade. The advice that i was given is do the rears for looks because they dont do much for braking efficiency. The most is done by the fronts because of all the weight there when braking

Go for it, you wont be dissapointed mate

Thats cool then only the front to buy, just waiting for the credit card to arrive now lol...

1 more thing would this set up last about the same miles as a stock set up??

i would of guessed probably more as its better quality gear and harder wearing. I.e. less effort by the braking system to produce the stopping distances

I have DS2500's and OEM discs up front, padgit pads and GSF discs in the rear. Rears don't need up rating but padgit std pads are nice and GSF do them at a good price.

I also have Motul RBF600 fluid (also from Bill) and I have to say the brakes are so much better all of the time over the original setup.... you can brake hard with no fade and great stopping power... pulls your face off...

I will say that I don't track or 'race on private roads' as such, I do make full use of my uprated suspensions at legal speeds on back roads but the brakes are great for when I need them.

Next best thing before a brembo upgrade.

I am gonna replace the front discs with Black Diamonds or EBC Ultimax when they are due though...

<tuffty/>

brembos are way to go.
ds2500s' pay the money and give bill a shout. there a good pad

Now got an S6 -more fun

DS2500's or DS3000's for track use..
£118 for DS2500's, and £129 for DS3000's for stock 312mm disk fitment.
+vat

Ultimax grooved disks work well in combination with DS2500's
keeps a sustained pedal where stock pads overheat and feel dead.

Thats cool then only the front to buy, just waiting for the credit card to arrive now lol...

1 more thing would this set up last about the same miles as a stock set up??

Depends on use, but where stock pads are consummed in no time under duress, the DS2500's have lasted significantly longer on LCR users, most of whome run DS2500's on their cars

I would be tempted to try a Tarox G88 disc and ds2500 pad setup on the front.

G88 aka cheese graters.

These cracked when I ran Tarox.. and eat pads in no time.
too many grooves imho

Yeh well 20 grove is a alot. Ive found them to be excellent but expected them to go through pads quicker than norm.

I have an A3 Quattro Sport with a K04 turbo in it so my stock brakes are feeling a bit rubbish!!

Can i get S3 discs and pads ? or would i be better getting some black diamond discs? what would fit ?

groove wise I do the eliptical style (like Power Disks from ATE) and a new 8 groove curved version.

balance of pad sweap and noise and wear.

Now got an S6 -more fun

I bet!

Makes me recall one of the Autometrix Castle Combe trackdays a while ago - I was at Camp watching you go round in the S8. You were the only one taking a proper racing line through the corner and using the width of the track.

Some bloke next to me turns to his friend and says 'That guy in the S8 doesn't know what he's doing - look, he's nearly loosing it on the corner every time he comes round...' Sigh!

Are the DS2500's ok at cold temps too? I once ran a something similar on my CTR and they were lethal when cold!

Desperatly need an upgrade asap!

I bet!

Makes me recall one of the Autometrix Castle Combe trackdays a while ago - I was at Camp watching you go round in the S8. You were the only one taking a proper racing line through the corner and using the width of the track.

Some bloke next to me turns to his friend and says 'That guy in the S8 doesn't know what he's doing - look, he's nearly loosing it on the corner every time he comes round...' Sigh!

lol - some folk are pretty ignorent of how things *should* be done on track.. sigh indeed.

Is it worth looking at a group buy for these pads from you bill?

Thanks for the quick response dude.. il be in in touch soon about some pads.