AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: Car Jolts

ZoomZoom

Status

Car Jolts

Ive had my S3 for just over a month and not really pushed it any since ive had it, but on the way back from work before i was coming out of a junction i had 2 put my foot down or might of had a near miss.... anyways thing was i put it down in 1st and the car shot forward and seemed to jolt a bit (noticed the traction light come on 4 a millisecond) then shot off then same again before i changed into second gear

Is this normal and if so is there a way i can avoid this in the future

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but ive only been driving just over a year and im coming from a corsa 1.4 and never had all this power

Thanks for your help
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    As in took off then slowed then went again?

If so id imagine this is quite normal its the tc kicking in as you say the symbol pops up on the dash ive had it before hitting a rut in the road it like slows the car down then it goes again, weird seems like a misfire, but as far as im aware this is what tc does mate, if you dont want it doing it turn it off withe the ESP button although i dont know why you would not want it,

btw nice car &spec
    2001, Ming Blue, Aluminium Mirrors, Revo!, Bose, Parking sensors, Sunroof,

Status
    that'll be the ESP
    Mike,get a quiet road with a set of lights and try a hasty take off and then do the same again with your ESP off and you'll be amazed how much it slows the car down in these situations BUT I'd never drive without it as its a lifesaver

ZoomZoom

Status
    Yea it like goes off really quick... then like slows down 4 a millisecond with the traction light poping up then speeds up again

Was worried that i might have a problem but must be the traction kicking in trying to sort its self out

Thanks for the help
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

ZoomZoom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    that'll be the ESP
    Mike,get a quiet road with a set of lights and try a hasty take off and then do the same again with your ESP off and you'll be amazed how much it slows the car down in these situations BUT I'd never drive without it as its a lifesaver
    Ill have to give it a go, since ive had it i havent really pushed it
    After im done ill make sure to switch it back on as i dont want problems