Need some pointers

if it's the lightish blue one then it's an original colour, 'kingfisher blue' i thinks it's called.

look pretty tidy based on the pictures, any idea of the mileage? sunroof is quite a rare option.

obvious things are checking the 'nearly full' serv history, and cambelt/water pump changes.

That's exceptionally cheap? Be weary of a hidden Cat D on that one.

Thanks guys.

Will follow up on the waterpump/cambelt change.

I would imagine the usual 18T issues apply ie, MAF, coil packs, although these will be obvious as the car will run like a dog otherwise.

Anyway of checking the FWD is fit and well?

cheers
Paul

To be honest, that looks ok, price is about rightish, as they have dropped a fair bit recently, it is an original colour - Kingfisher Blue, the seats are original as well.

It doesnt state the mileage, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but just remember if its around the 50k or 100k mark, then it will be needing a cambelt and waterpump change, if it hasnt already been done, just check for all the usual bits, numbers matching, HPI (look at the sticky at the top about the mileage flaw)

Check Service and make sure its all up to date, MOT etc.

Hopefully that should be it, haggle obviously and any more questions, im sure you will get plenty of help on here.

If you mean checking the Haldex, i believe you can test by doing the following:

With the car all normal, do a fairly aggresive take off, that should grip and not spin too much if at all, they try it again, with the handbrake pulled up one notch, i believe that disabled the haldex, this should now cause some wheelspin and loss of traction, now if its the same both times, then you know the Haldex has probs.

Hopefully that makes sense and im sure someone will be up to correct me if im wrong, oh and check its been done in the SH if you can.

appreciate any pointers from you 8L boys.
here you go

vista_aero_cursors.gif

lol, need some humour given possibly steering rack on mine needs doing, not happy