Scary

Russ

Reaction score
Only had the s3 a week and took it for a bit of a blat earlier. Booted it on the straight part of a country lane and ****** hell it was quick! Backed off before 60 cos i was worried i'd put it off the road on the next bend.

Did a few more runs, nothing stupid and drove home with a stupid fat smile on my face :-D

Nice one Russ....this is a similar feeling to what I had when I picked mine up. You will get peeps on here who will point out there are a lot faster quicker cars around etc, etc, but unless you have experienced them, which I really haven't to any great extent, the S3 is a really great, fun, car to own and drive. Good luck with it.

do you have anymods on the car??? if not it will become even more fun :)

Only had the s3 a week and took it for a bit of a blat earlier. Booted it on the straight part of a country lane and ****** hell it was quick! Backed off before 60 cos i was worried i'd put it off the road on the next bend.

Did a few more runs, nothing stupid and drove home with a stupid fat smile on my face :-D

Do you fancy swapping S3's then? Ive never felt the need to back off before 60 in mine! Although maybe it was a very short straight, on a very narrow country road, with a car coming towards you?

It's what you are use to I guess, I'm pretty confident driving my S3 quick when the conditions allow for it. :racer:
A 400BHP Evo is scary!

Welcome to the club, was same for me when i first got my s3 but i was coming from a 1.2 corsa c haha

Well I used to have a LCR a few years back before I got banned for driving stupidly fast on an A road. I used to be able to throw that around the lanes without worrying too much. That was a 210 but the S3 is revo'd so I guess it's putting out around 250 with standard exhaust and filter?

Last car was a gti-6 which to be fair is a good drivers car. What it lacks in outright speed it makes up for in handling and the brakes on it are better than that on the s3.

I guess because it's new it'll take getting used to. I dont wanna ditch a week old car so I've not exactly tried to find it's limits yet. First car with any form of 4WD as well. From what I've read the Haldex makes it primarily fwd but it doesnt handle the same.

And yep, the first lane was narrow with blind bends. The second was nice and wide with good visibility. Only about 1/2 mile long so I had to do it a few times hehe.

Had mine now just over a month and loving it so so much, had a corsa 1.4 before this and its a huge step up, get modding it hehe

I have to agree, its good when you first get into it, especially when you have come from a slow car..

Its all good dude :)

Enjoy the car.

Yea good stuff i went from a 1.6 A3 to my S3 so it felt silly quick lol. Just watch out for them blind bends i had a close call not long back on my bike! :sadlike:

Ive found also, its not only about the power/handling cos we've had a bucket load of quick cars, Skylines, Imprezas, Evos but what we like about the S3 is the build quality, interior and spec sheet. Quick cars are ten a penny, but nice quick cars are not as common.

lol jason, i did a ferrari day about a year ago now, the instructer was trying to tell me to brake early too lol.. wasnt having any of it.. ferrari brakes.. i think we can wait a little while!

gallardos are great fun.. hired one out for a mates birthday a few years back. M6 toll road at 2am..was alot of fun.

Those driving days are pretty good, i did it in the R8 and Gallardo, luckily my driver was pretty cool and really told me to go for it, he actually said to me what car do you drive, and when i told him it was an S3, he was like, lets go then!!!

I know its no comparison, but he seems pretty cool with it, so who was I to complain :)

Jase was that at Prestwold Hall???

Track looks familiar, and that was where I did mine as well.