Sky InsuranceBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1animal1

Thread: fitted my black diamond discs,ebc greenstuff pads

essex boy :)

Status

fitted my black diamond discs,ebc greenstuff pads

i just finished fitting my new uprated discs and pads and also gave the car a service running very nicely
    here's some pics of my new setup,all thats left that i wanna do brakewise is install my goodridge brake lines next weekend and renew the brake fluid, then it's onto the engine mods

discs - black diamond 20 groove
    pads - ebc greenstuff

discs/caliper off

old audi discs off

greenstuff pads

old v new

new setup complete

view through the wheel (yes my car needs cleaning haha)
    Last edited by ROLTYA3TURBO; 26th June 2009 at 20:20.
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

2. # ADS
    ADS

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    nice job matey, you do know you dont have to remove the whole caliper to repalce the discs and pads dont you?
    WhoIsHwad likes this.
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

thats me

Status
    its easier if you do when your doing the discs
    red to red black to black blue to bits

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    ah okies, my neighbour did mine so i havent first hand knowledge, only spotted it cos i removed my A3 calipers to replace discs and he showed me that it wasnt necessary

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    shame you went for greenstuff pads though

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    uh oh havent these been withdrawn from the S3 because the pad seperates from the metal part of the pad....

4th Gear

Status
    should of gone for the ferrodo DS2500s which are pricey but worth it, i have them on mine
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_kev View Post
    shame you went for greenstuff pads though
    I agree,they are ****e.

Kiteyboy

Status
    I've been using the yellow stuff pads for the last year and they are fine
    Evo - May 2002 "...For keen drivers, the revised S3 is currently the best car Audi makes."

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Well glen tested them and thats what happened.
    Im regreting not buying ferrodo's now, my old pads where them and even thought they were down to the bare metal nearly where still better than the oem stuff ive got on now
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Status
    i had to remove the caliper otherwise it makes replacing the discs a pain,i've had greenstuff pads on all my cars before and where really good as are these nicely bedding in now and braking superb.i did read the post about them on the s3 tho.i'll be getting a bigbrake kit when the power of the engine gets higher tho so this will do just fine for now
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Next up - remap,exhaust

1st Gear

Status
    This may sound like a stupid question but do Black Diamond Disks stay black ??
    ... My A3 Quattro ...
    K04 Turbo - Miltek Highflow Cat - Miltek S3 exhaust - S3 injectors - FMIC
    Smoothed S3 Front and Rear bumpers

5th Gear

Status
    Yes they do Jason, admitally not as black as when you first fit them but still remain dark if that makes sense...

Rolty how you finding the greenstuff pads? Im running standard mintex pads with my black diamonds and there doing well.

Status
    they do stay dark,not as black as they come but definantly not as silver as standard discs.
    the greenstuff pads seem to be doin pretty well now there bedded in,nice to know i can brake a lil bit later

Next up - remap,exhaust

Smell my finger.

Status
    My greenstuff pads are spot on too, loads of bite compared to stock.

Loads less brake dust too. I cleaned my car the other day and the back wheels have a coating of brake dust but the fronts hardly have a spec on them.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    i noticed that too! much less dust than the standard pads, well chuffed

Next up - remap,exhaust

Smell my finger.

Status
    less brake dust is a win in my book. When I finally get my wheels back tomorrow they'll be sealed with a few coats of wax to stop the little brake dust I do get from eating the coating away.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    sounds like a good idea tom,make sure you put some pics up of your freshly painted rims,wanna see what they look like how is your custom remap going?spoke to amd today about revo stage 1 for my car 299+vat,can do anytime they reckon or i could go to a local tuning centre in romford and they said they could a custom remap,dunno what would be best?

Next up - remap,exhaust

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I assume you didnt remove the caliper completely? Still connected to the fluid lines yeah ?

Green stuff were ok on my Cav, but having driven on DS2500 i wouldn't look anywhere else

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLTYA3TURBO View Post
    sounds like a good idea tom,make sure you put some pics up of your freshly painted rims,wanna see what they look like how is your custom remap going?spoke to amd today about revo stage 1 for my car 299+vat,can do anytime they reckon or i could go to a local tuning centre in romford and they said they could a custom remap,dunno what would be best?

Have a look at my 'progress' thread tomorrow and there should be pics on there. I would have had them back today but there was an issue.

My maps great though, its a Custom Code phase 1. Car pulls really well, its really REALLY good now...so much more poke compared to standard.

I'd go for a generic map from a well known company such as AMD, Revo or Custom Code. You can get cheap 'custom maps' but to be honest they're not that great. A generic map is fine for mine and your cars due to the lack of bug engine mods. Mine was 250 all in Its a very smooth power delivery but it really goes when you boot it. Even when cruising at motorway speeds it really pulls well right through the range. Very happy with it.

Status
    yea think i'll be sticking to a revo map at amd,afterall there both race bread!can't beat there experience and knowledge.gonna get on the phone tomorrow and see if i can arrange to have it done friday afternoon seeing as though it's friday and i normally leave work early what a way to start the weekend though ay! haha

Next up - remap,exhaust

Smell my finger.

Status
    You'll be well happy with it mate, really transforms the car.

Status
    few extra horses is always nice to! can't wait to see the difference!

Next up - remap,exhaust