When is it too old to mod?

Mutsumi

Reaction score
Hey all, first topic here :)

So, I have a 2001 S3 with 160k on the clock. Recently I dinked the front of it and did something bad to the suspension, which gives me a good excuse to tweak it - but I'm not sure it's a good idea, considering the rather high mileage of this particular car.

So, my question is: Should I spend my cash on suspension, wheels, remaps and turbos for this one, should I fix this one as cheaply as possible and buy a newer one, or should I just keep saving for that 4.2 monster :s4addict: I promised myself one day (which will drink me out of pocket :p)

If you want an s4 then theres no point in spending money on the s3, itll just be wasted, you may aswel get it fixed and save the cash you'd use to mod the s3 and put it towards the s4 you've set your heart on.
But in response to the thread title i dont think a cars ever too old to mod aslong as it serviced and maintained regualry

yeah i agree if your heart is set on an s4 then save for your cash for that, seems like a waste spending money on it if your really after something else.... 160k is nothing tho :)

I bought my A3 1.8T at 124K, and I've spent £4k on it, and ended up with an AWESOME car.

I've now decided that a B5 S4 is next for me, and that I don't want to spend any more on the A3 at all. I'll service it and maintain it until I can afford the S4, but that's it.

at 160k it IS getting on a tad, I'd replace like for like, and save for the S4 I think!