JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

When is it too old to mod?

Hey all, first topic here

So, I have a 2001 S3 with 160k on the clock. Recently I dinked the front of it and did something bad to the suspension, which gives me a good excuse to tweak it - but I'm not sure it's a good idea, considering the rather high mileage of this particular car.

So, my question is: Should I spend my cash on suspension, wheels, remaps and turbos for this one, should I fix this one as cheaply as possible and buy a newer one, or should I just keep saving for that 4.2 monster I promised myself one day (which will drink me out of pocket :P)
    2007 S3 - Swivelly headlights, magic foldy mirrors, two tone warm cow seats, beepy reverse, lazy motorway button, well good talky radio with telly & map, loads of lights inside, squished steering wheel, Milltek cat-back loud bits.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    If you want an s4 then theres no point in spending money on the s3, itll just be wasted, you may aswel get it fixed and save the cash you'd use to mod the s3 and put it towards the s4 you've set your heart on.
    But in response to the thread title i dont think a cars ever too old to mod aslong as it serviced and maintained regualry
    Last edited by Dani_B19; 5th June 2009 at 22:35.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

1st Gear

Status
    yeah i agree if your heart is set on an s4 then save for your cash for that, seems like a waste spending money on it if your really after something else.... 160k is nothing tho
    Absolute Red 8L S3 Revo, Hybrid Turbo, 3" downpipe, decat, Ds2500, FMIC 300bhp & 330 lb/ft

........ To Come, Sachs clutch & Fidanza lightened flywheel, BBS CH Reps, AP Coilovers, Rear tie arms & 20mm spacers & eventually MISANO red respray

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I bought my A3 1.8T at 124K, and I've spent 4k on it, and ended up with an AWESOME car.

I've now decided that a B5 S4 is next for me, and that I don't want to spend any more on the A3 at all. I'll service it and maintain it until I can afford the S4, but that's it.

at 160k it IS getting on a tad, I'd replace like for like, and save for the S4 I think!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.