Megane Sport

didnt VW put that silly engine in the back of a Golf on top gear?

I love the fact that the french make cars, we'd have nothing to point and laugh at otherwise, Vel Satis anyone? Citreon BX? C5? C4? C3? C2? C1? 307? 407? 1006? Dolly? Megane? Picasso? and theres loads more ;)

didnt VW put that silly engine in the back of a Golf on top gear?
Tim,that was VAG who did that..the W12 golf gti ??

The R26 is Evo magazines top hot hatch :whistle2:

that was it Jase

Hey i have no doubt its a damn good track/pace/handling car that stops really well and the front looks ace.... its just those two areas that completely ruin it for me....its like having a yaght without sails

lol @ everyone jumping on the renault reliability bandwagon.

My 106 GTi has been more reliable than my S3, haven't had to spend a penny on it in over 10k where as the S3 has cost me a pretty penny to keep running properly :laugh:

That said I would have a new shape S3 over a Meganne 225.

Ian its the brand in general matey and the original post didnt mention reliability.... that said the frenchies arent renowned for their reliability either

Ye, wasn't directed at anyone in paticular but as its been said a few posts back everyone assumes french - unreliable, german - ultra reliable.

Until owning both I felt the same, now I know better lol

all the guys at work with french cars have nowt but problems started out raving about them now they just go quiet when we talk about cars lol

I have converted my friends to German. They all hate me cos they are skint ! LOL

I would love to take one of those high power meganes for a track day and hand it back in a smouldering mess.

My Audi, would cost me a fortune if i attempted that. Any brand or make of car can be un reliable, if they wern't we wouldnt have a forum here would we?

That said, i would rather drive my 11 yr old A4 instead of a few year old Renault by choice/