Self service

ROLTYA3TURBO

essex boy :)
Reaction score
my car could do with a service and i've been looking into taking it to audi.they now charge a set rate of £200 for a full major service but when i looked it says includes oil change,oil filter,air filter,fuel filter(if diesel),sparks plugs(if petrol) and a safety check.
it's 11 years old now and has a stamp from audi for every year,but i'm pretty handy with the oily bits and i was thinking of doing it myself instead this weekend.does anybody know of anything specific audi check that i couldn't do myself?,as i'm fitting my new discs,pads, brake fluid and brake lines this weekend i may aswell do the rest.?

I'd say there is nothing Audi do that you couldn't do your self. £200 isn't a bad price for all that, you might as well price up all the bits you need, oil, filters, new tools etc, and then if its loads cheaper then Audi go for it, if not it might not be worth your lost time doing it yourself?

Sorry to steal your thread.......Gotta take mine next in a month or so, was thinkin of doin it myself like with prevous cars but wanna try and keep the service stamps goin and by the sound of things servicing seems to have come down in price recently

Anyone know of anywhere in the north west thats good for servicing

i've pretty much got every tool you could ever need apart from heavy machinery,so know worries there.and like i say i'll be fitting my new uprated discs,pads, brake fluid and brake hoses at the weekend so might aswell carry out the service too.parts will come to nomore than 100 so i'm gonna give it a good going over,new brake fluid(£50 to change at audi alone)brake discs,pads,fuel/oil filter might get an uprated panel air filter,spark plugs and that should just about do it i think.then onto some power :)

Did mine for less than £100 iirc the other month using all genuine parts.

I find the cost of the service fine, its the phonecall you get half way through the day telling you that something needs replacing and it the old part can't be put back on and its going to be another £200 !

Im sure its happend to a few of us, prefer to do stuff myself now.

Bought all my Genuine service parts (4 Platinum Spark plugs, Fuel filter, Oil filter and 5 liters of Quantinum gold fully symp oil) Only cost me £65 from TPS then payed a mate at a VAG specilist to do the brake fluid for £20 and stamp my service book :). So for £85 i got a major service.....
But if you already have full Audi history then may be worth paying the extra for the stamp?

i thought about paying out for audi to do it just to get another stamp from them,but i'm planning on keeping the car for a few years as an everyday car gradually turning to a fun/track car so i don't see the point to be honest.just got all my service bits for £65 and have my black diamond front discs and ebc greenstuff pads to fit over the weekend,hope it's nice lol,then next weekend i'll be fitting my braided brake lines and renewing the brake fluid,sorted :)