suspension bushes

Effect

Reaction score
My car is due a service in the next couple of months and whilst its in I would like to get the suspension bushes renewed.

The suspension is starting to feel a little rattly now at 112k and I was wondering which bushes need replacing ?
I WONT be going the poly bush route I will be replacing them all with standard items.

It might be worth menyioning I had a H&R + Billy B8 upgrade done earlier this year.

Thanks
James

Interesting - I too need pretty much every bush replaced (done 109k) and was planning on getting the H&R/B8 setup soon too. Would be nice to know how standard bushes work with the uprated suspension, but also to see just how many of the little b******s there are to replace.

I'm planning to do some of these buggers on mine soon, but will stick with standard as the uprated ones have been reported to be too hard for day-to-day driving and I'm not going to pretend that I'm a race driver and need them to shave off a fraction of a second from 'that' corner :)

Even the worn standard bushes work well with my set-up, so why bother spending more on something I don't need.

MartayMcly; if your after the B8 dampers for your S3, put your name down for the group buy. We need 10 people, only have a select few

Select Bushes:
Front Wishbone Front Bush 30mm PFF85-201 x2 (+£26.32)
Front Wishbone Front Bush 45mm PFF3-501 x2 (+£27.97)
Front Anti Roll Bar Mount 17mm PFF3-503-17 x2 (+£21.37)
Front Anti Roll Bar Mount 19mm PFF3-503-19 x2 (+£21.37)
Front Anti Roll Bar Mount 20mm PFF3-503-20 x2 (+£21.37)
Rear Wishbone Front Mounting Bush PFR3-508 x2 (+£31.27)
Rear Wishbone Inner Bush PFR3-510 x4 (+£55.95)
Rear Anti Roll Bar Mounting 14mm PFR3-511-14 x2 (+£21.37)
Steering Rack Mount Bush PFF85-416 x1 (+£8.21)
Front Engine Mount Dog Bone PFF85-420 x1 (+£13.16)

That is the prices for a polybush kit from awesome and do not include VAT

So I rang VW and got prices from them as well

Front wishbone front bush £13.83 each
Front wishbone rear bush £15.07 each (not included in the polybush kit)
Front anti roll bar mount £4.46 each, bloke on phone said would need the clamps as well one was £8 one was £6
Rear wishbone front mounting bush - £15.07 each
Rear wishbone inner bush - £8.77 each
rear anti roll bar mount - 3.77 each
Steering rack mount bush - 3.77 each
front engine dog bone mount - £65 (Guy on phone wasnt sure 100% what this was and judging by the price difference has quoted me for something different than what is listed on awesome's website)

So I calculate a full bush kit minus the dog bone mount to be £157.25 + VAT = £180.83 @ 15% VAT & £184.76 @ 17.5% VAT

Does anyone know roughly the labour rates to get the above done, minus the ARB bushes?

Labour rates depend on the garage - would probably take a couple of hours (maybe... not sure how much work is involved for steering rack and dog bone bushes).

campbell - I'm watching the "B8 group buy" thread too, but I'm not sure when I'll be doing the overhaul so might just leave it for now. I've got a few engine bits and pieces that the £500 would be better spent on in the near future, and need new pads too!