Modified silver A3s

spannah

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of modifying the looks of my A3 as Euro looking as possible but dunno if its worth it coz its silver.

I have seen many black ones modified with bigger wheels and a lowered suspension and it looks lovely. But with the silver ones like mine i find it difficult to imagine it look nice because of the black trim on the bottom half of the bumpers and the side skirts.

Does anyone have any pictures of their silver A3 modified with bigger wheels and a lowered suspension and a standard body?

I would love to see how they look for an idea.

Thanks
Spencer

Here's my A3 1.8T, mod's list is in my sig at the bottom of my post...

P1030677.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

Tom

Mine.... Mod List below....

DSC01319_2.jpg

DSC01255_2.jpg

DSC01321_2.jpg

Thanks guys, damn they look the nuts
I like how low ruairi83 did it, how low did you go, and what springs and shocks did you use? Is that also a S3 front bumper or did u jus colour code the bottom quarter of both bumpers?

bl_1969 i love the wheels u chose, i kinda have them in mind but not sure yet.

A3 Tom, yours looks great too, jus wondering how it would look with the bottom quarter of the bumpers sprayed silver and the side skirts.

Thanks for your photos tho guys give me kinda of an idea of what to do.

I'm not sure how the bottoms of the bumpers would look body coloured to be honest which is why I have no plans to change them.

If I was every to change my bumpers I'd go for S3 bumpers.

Next on my list is an S3 boot spoiler though once the miltek and remap are done next week.

T

A3 Tom did you replace all the other little bits when you lowered ur car? Like prawn recommended?

I think it was on one of his past threads

Bump StopsTop MountsTop Mount BearingsWishbonesTrack rod endsSteering rack tie barsMetal drop linksBushes

I think it was on one of his past threads

Bump StopsTop MountsTop Mount BearingsWishbonesTrack rod endsSteering rack tie barsMetal drop linksBushes

Oh right.

It had new top mounts, front wishbone bushes, rear axle bushes, drop links and that was about it. Everything else is fine, the anti-roll bar bushes were changed too as the new ones had bushes with them. Had a full 4 wheel alignment too.

Yeh thats gonna be something i will need to do to if i decide to lower my car. Jus wondered if its something that has to be done.
I see you did a 40mm drop, did u change your shocks too or keep the standard weitec ones.

Yeh thats gonna be something i will need to do to if i decide to lower my car. Jus wondered if its something that has to be done.
I see you did a 40mm drop, did u change your shocks too or keep the standard weitec ones.

You should change the top mounts for sure when changing your shocks. I changed my other bushes etc as they were on their way out so just got them all done to get it all done and out of the way. Trouble free suspension for a long time to come I hope.

The kit I put on my car is th Ultra GT kit which is both springs and shocks so the stock Audi shocks and springs were both replaced with the Wietec ones. Very good kit.

If you want to lower your car then get some beefier antiroll bars as well if you can afford it. I went for KW ones and they seem great. No body roll or understeer at all......jobs a good-un!.

Has the ride stiffend at all, tbh i dont really want it to be really hard. Id rather not lose the comfort as much as possible. Im sure the handling improves as i have lowered most of my previous cars.

Has the ride stiffend at all, tbh i dont really want it to be really hard. Id rather not lose the comfort as much as possible. Im sure the handling improves as i have lowered most of my previous cars.

One of the reasons I went for this kit is because of thr reviews it had said the ride was still fine.

Sure speedbumps need to be taken slower but thats down to the car being low. Ride quality is great, certainly as good if not better than the old shocks.

T

40mm all round mate on spax springs and standard shocks.

yeah s3 front end on her.