Which tyres?

Gaz_Bournemouth

Reaction score
I want to replace the tyres on my car but am not sure what to go for...

If this question comes up all the time then sorry but I couldn't see it.

My friend says that you should run on the tyres the car was designed with but I am not so sure. Does anyone know what tyres the S3 orginally came with?

My first choice at the moment would be the Eagle F1 Asym's based on a friends experience.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Theres been a few threads on this in the past and im sure the general consensus was that the Eagle F1's were the best ones to go for. There quite expensive though!

Went from Pirelli PZero Rosso to Eagle F1 assymetrics. Both good.

Use to have P-zero's but now im using Falken 452's :) Both good but the Falkens are better in the wet.
Hope this helps.....Also Gaz as your in Bournemouth maybe worth going to Cribbs in Holton heath oposite Revo. There good and have good prices :o.k:

try bathwick tyres in ferndown or poole, i have never managed to beat them for any price on any tyre! there an outlet so it ****** cheap! (good to see another person from bmth we will all have to go crash the tidy vag meeting!)

I found camskill.co.uk to be good. I paid £350 for four Eagle F1 Asym delivered and another £50 to have them fitted, so £100 per corner isn't bad.

Probably could've got them fitted for less but didn't bother shopping around.

I'd recommend Falken 452s also. Cheapest place to get them is off camskill (no fitting included though)

Running the zero rossos but they r expensive, Falken for the money must be worth a go to save some cash...

I would agree with indiemike Michelin Pilot Sport are a very good all rounder, Toyo 888 or Dunlop Djo1 for the Summer.

I went for the Eagle F1 GSD3's and love them!!

try bathwick tyres in ferndown or poole, i have never managed to beat them for any price on any tyre! there an outlet so it ****** cheap! (good to see another person from bmth we will all have to go crash the tidy vag meeting!)

Show them some real power! :)

Lol, Its all Mk1's and 2's there...

personally i think the f1's are rubbish (didnt stop so well in the wet and only lasted 16,000)

have used michelin pilot sports for the last two sets, lasted 24,000 and never been able to make them slip (in the dry). they are a bit more expensive, but false economy and all that made them worth it.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but has anyone tried Uniroyal RainSport 2s?

A tyre review site I read rated them as best tyre for just about every application. However, I wondered if maybe someone from Uniroyal had signed up to that site with 50 different usernames and bumped their rating!
I'd rather hear from you guys.

If they're as good as suggested I might replace my Dunlop Sport Maxx TTs early!

My brother used Rainsports on his old Leon. Said they were fantastic in the rain but not quite good enough in the dry.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but has anyone tried Uniroyal RainSport 2s?

A tyre review site I read rated them as best tyre for just about every application. However, I wondered if maybe someone from Uniroyal had signed up to that site with 50 different usernames and bumped their rating!
I'd rather hear from you guys.

If they're as good as suggested I might replace my Dunlop Sport Maxx TTs early!

I was torn between the rainsports or falken 452 I chose the falkens and I'm very happy with them. I paid £65 a corner off camskill for my s3 and will definately buy again as my girlfriends car is in need of a new set,
matt

P Zero Rosso (extra load). Best tyres i've used. I hear the R888 are amazing but expensive, useless in winter though as they don't warm enough to provide good levels of grip.!

I'm about to buy two new tyres. Not sure if i'd like a change, but then i'd have to change all 4 as i'm a freak when it comes to things being the same all round the car.

Think i'll stick with Rosso :)

G

Last edited:
i just got bridgestone potenza reo50a they are super grippy and not bad in the wet got for £376 for four at blackcircles,com fitted and balanced if thats any help to anyone gumball b.:s3addict:

Here's the review site I was talking about;
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-2.htm

My brother used Rainsports on his old Leon. Said they were fantastic in the rain but not quite good enough in the dry.

In Inverness i'd imagine that wasn't too much of a problem, same here in Aberdeen!

I was torn between the rainsports or falken 452 I chose the falkens and I'm very happy with them. I paid £65 a corner off camskill for my s3 and will definately buy again as my girlfriends car is in need of a new set,
matt

Yeah, I had Falken 452s on my A4 until recently. They were very good, especially for the price.

I had 4 Toyo proxes on mine awesome grip, just didnt last very long heh heh!

P Zero Rosso, never had any problems with them and are good in dry and wet:icon_thumright:

i have Pirelli Rosso's on at the moment, the back end seems to slip tho as i replaced one of the rears with a cheap budget tyre till im ready for all 4 again........ im looking at the Pirelli Nero's next, i dont like the look of the goodyear eagle F1 tread pattern and im a great believe that Falkens are cheap for a reason....... Nero's £99 a corner from Camskill :)

Ive gone from Pzero Rosso's to Goodyear F1 asymmetric. Both good tyres. I believe the Goodyear to give more grip and are quieter too.

My partner is now running Continental contact 2's on the S3 - I like Continentals am running contact 3's on my Edition 30 Mk5 Golf - very good dry and excellent in the wet (we live in Wales lol) !!

if your on a budget and never run in the rain then falkens if not michelin PS2's ALL THE WAY!

Got mot due, and got a nail in my front tyre, I dont really want to spend more than £80 a trye, is it worth getting the falkens.? Im just buying the fronts.