Another little "tweek" :D

Purple Princess

Reaction score
My car is getting there now but one thing I didnt really like was the "boost" and "oil pressure" pods stuck to my A pillar soo....
Lalalalala :)
100_3418.jpg

100_3417.jpg

As you can see we took out the blank squares from the centre consol (bit by the hazzard switch) and mounted the LCD displays into them. Seperated the LCD from the guage and wired it up under the knee bolster and there you have it! :):thumbsup:

Great work! did you want to match OEM red? tbh i think it looks cool

That looks quite smart, very different :thumbsup:

Hey, that looks cool!!!

Where, when, how, oh and how much???

We need details :)

Thats very tidy, I would also be interested in more pics of it and how exactly you mounted the screens in the spare "button holes"

Looks really smart. Nicely done.

The cost of the guages are about £40 each from glowshift in america. You can now get ones for arround £20 from ebay with red displays but that is a recent addition.

The displays were de-soldered from the board and then long wires were soldered between the display and the curcit board.

The middle was then cut out of the "switch blanks" and filed one of the clips also had to be removed to allow room for the LED to fit in place. A piece of accrilic (spelling?) was then fitted into the hole so it was flush with the rest of the button.
Using a bit of filler and loads of sand paper it was finally sprayed matt black and the "windoow" sprayed with light tint also black. Then they were just wired up with the wires put under the knee bolster and there you have it :)

The cost of the project has not been too much as I alraedy has the guages in pods anyway. The light tinting spray is about £10 again which I had and the can of spray paint is about £5.99 again which I had. Its the time it takes to get it just right but it is soo worth it :)

Ill try and find some other pics of the guages de-soldered etc and post them later

Vacuum pipes under the bonnet to a little electronic thingumy then eires from there to the guage

Oh ok, I have a boost gauge fitted to my car already, so I have a vacuum feed going into the car, I fancy going digital, and placing it to a similar position to Stacie's, might catch a quick peak next time I see you guys then. ;)

Oh ok, I have a boost gauge fitted to my car already, so I have a vacuum feed going into the car, I fancy going digital, and placing it to a similar position to Stacie's, might catch a quick peak next time I see you guys then. ;)

No worries matey I will be at GTI so you can have a looky round her then :)