AndyMac Stealth Sub

Sanj

Blue Beast
Reaction score
Hey guys just fitted my AndyMac stealth Sub and amp in my s3, and what a difference it makes! :rockwoot:
Albeit it took my a while to install, with a few workarounds, the instructions are to the tee. Dynamatted as much as i could there, got a good crisp sound. takes alot of pressure off the fronts and rear speakers.

A definate recommendation to those out there that dont want to compromise boot space, especially in quattros.

Compared to the old bose sub, i can now put my music up louder and not have to hear the farting in the back! :racer:

I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while! Everyone seems to rate them very highly!

I think i'll be buying one soon, few other things I want to buy for my car first though!

I think its an upgrade for the near future.

I was only reading about them the other day....might have to give one a punt.

ill vouch for that, it is a cracking bit of kit...fitted mine a while ago and still loving it! not so good at the really long resonating bass notes, but a great upgrade on the standard piece of sh*t, gives a tight punchy sound...:rock:

I bought mine November last year and still not had the time to fit it!!!

Got another car to run about in for the next few months so I am going to finally get round to fitting it....

<tuffty/>

Ive seen the occasional reference to this kit on the forum, but Ive never looked into it. Ive no doubt its a massive improvement over the standard Bose ***** and its just as compact. But...for just shy of £300 (plus cost of additional amplifier) I could upgrade all 4 speakers and buy an amp and sub and have change to spare.

On another note, hows the car vetch?

Ive seen the occasional reference to this kit on the forum, but Ive never looked into it. Ive no doubt its a massive improvement over the standard Bose ***** and its just as compact. But...for just shy of £300 (plus cost of additional amplifier) I could upgrade all 4 speakers and buy an amp and sub and have change to spare.

Ive had mine for a few years now, its a must have mod for the S3 imho. As for the price i think its more than reasonable. The sort of kit (4 speakers amp and sub) you would get, to have change to spare would not be of anywhere near the quality of what Andy supplies and you wont get as good a result. I actually upgraded my four speakers too at the same time to focal and alpine components, the rears running off the Alpine V12 amp Andy supplied with the kit.

I think I would have one of these if I hadnt had an old sub lying around from the last car that I couldnt sell.

I have quite a big sub box in my car that basicly takes up my entire boot.

Anyone local to me that has this upgrade I could have a listen to ?

I have an aftermarket Pioneer headunit, when on motorways i couldnt go past 12 on the volume as the ***** bose would fart away. With this you can put it much louder, and the great thing is i have my whole boot!

Have you guys heard of the JL Audio Flat sub? Any comments?

The difference is, this retains your OE HU and is a stealth install retaining your bootspace also. Your setup would require a sub box in the boot.

Andymac stealth sub ftw! :)

Thanks for all the positive responses, it's really good to hear. Just to point out the ebay prices are really just to weed out the time wasters and cover ebay charges. PM me for the AS.net member pricing if you're interested.
Cheers, Andy

Thanks for all the positive responses, it's really good to hear. Just to point out the ebay prices are really just to weed out the time wasters and cover ebay charges. PM me for the AS.net member pricing if you're interested.
Cheers, Andy

Where are you based Andy?.

Anyone got a picture of one fitted or do they just look the same as the Bose sub?

Cool beans. One for the shopping list following exhaust, filter, brakes, repairs and god knows what else!

Cool beans. One for the shopping list following exhaust, filter, brakes, repairs and god knows what else!

Me too, but my shopping list which was the same as yours wil be completed on the 9th :D

They look great, I may well be saving some pennies and getting myself one. Looks like a quality bit of kit for sure.

T

Lol, I need a FMIC and a SACH clutch then I'll be buying a Andy Mac clutch

lol, I meant sub! Sure if he made clutches they would be pretty sweet too though!

Shame I'm not going tomorrow, I need to be at work. :(

There's always a next time. As it stands I'm meeting Nilz over here somewhere and then heading over. Shame you cant make it.

Just to confirm, the Andymac enclosure is a work of art - it's as solid as a rock and fits into its position like a glove. The JL Audio sub that comes with it is top of the range and the combo creates a bass you wouldn't believe possible from something so compact. To top it all off though was the service I got from Andy, from start to finish he was first class, he gave me a complete breakdown of all the parts and cost and detailed instructions and suggestions throughout. Well done Andy for doing something worth doing so well!

Si

sounds top stuff, i was gonna ask if you supplied instructions Andy? done one or two installs in the past but its been a while! How long does it take to fit?

Yes just PM me your email address and I'll email over the PDF, (still haven't found a free photobucket type web site which will host PDF's).
The install still takes me 4 hours and I've done 30+, so allow a bit longer if doing it for the first time. Nothing complicated, just time consuming.

Andy I can host the file for you if you like mate.
I have unlimted bandwidth on webspace that I dont get much use out of

send the file over to me at

No3ntry@lineone.net

:music: Andy fitted my AM-Stealthsub a couple of months ago and as others have said it's a quality bit of kit. All 8L owners should have one!!!

The build quality and sound output for a ickle sub is impressive and It's made me smile everyday since - just as much as having a remap. :thumbsup:

is there anyone in the lancashire, Preston area that has an Andy Mac sub that can kindly give me a demo?